27. Realm of Kurupas

Anikaa looked up and gasped. They were standing below a huge canopy which was connected to the ground with a stocky stem. A single shining white thick vein ran from the base of the stem and extended into several veins in the canopy forming a shape similar to a mushroom, producing a soft-white light.

"Wow," said Anikaa.

"We need to get out of here as soon as possible," said Jiyu anxiously.

"What is this place?" asked Anikaa.

"We are in the domain of Kurupas," said Jiyu holding his bead necklace tightly.

"Kurupas- you mean uglies?" said Anikaa.

"Yes."

"Now, do not stop, walk straight after me and stay away from the root of the trees," said Jiyu and started walking on the clear path of the forest.

"Aren't you giving lot of orders today?" taunted Raymond as they followed Jiyu.

The realm of Kurupas was an artistic delight. There were huge tall trees with no trunks or branches that went straight up in the sky. The top of the trees had huge green-coloured, clover-shaped leaves that formed large glittering canopies that shone bright upon them. It was a mesmerising sight as the clear, milky moonlight streamed through the gaps between the canopies. The plants on the other hand were short and stout with thick, fleshy leaves that bore funnel-shaped yellow flowers that shimmered and sighed as if they were breathing. At some places, there were plants that had an elongated needle-like stem at the apex that protruded out of the gaps of the canopies to the sky. A pearl-like drop was dripping from the other end of the stems which were collected in large cups of night-blooming cestrum. The whole forest was filled with the delicate aroma of the flowers and there were no animals except nightingales who were singing melodiously to the enchanted visitors.

"What are they collecting?" asked Anikaa, fascinated.

"Nectar of the moonlight," said Jiyu.

"What rubbish?" smirked Raymond.

"It's the sacred night of Sharad Purnima. It is believed that moon is nearest to the earth tonight and showers elixir or Amrit on earth through its rays. The moonlight tonight bears magical healing properties and powers," said Jiyu.

"I don't know about the elixir but I see a sparkling sapphire over there," said Raymond.

Anikaa turned in Raymond's direction and saw shining blue-coloured sapphires piled at the bottom of the tree. Before anyone could say anything, Raymond sprinted towards the tree.

"Raymond, no....," yelled Jiyu.

But, Raymond didn't stop. He reached the tree and picked up a sparkling sapphire.

"Someone is here," said a sweet female voice and a beautiful woman dressed in light- blue coloured gown appeared from inside the tree.

The girl was beautiful with a decent height and she had a sweet fragrance which was alluring Raymond to go near her.

"Come handsome, hold my hand. My name is Vikshi, welcome to my humble home," said the girl in a sweet voice.

"No...No...No...," muttered Jiyu and next moment, several beautiful girls wearing gowns in different colours like- peach, pink, yellow and white emerged from the surrounding trees and began calling Raymond in their sweet voices.

"Come here my prince charming, I've been waiting for you for ages- I can sing and dance for you whole night- I am your love waiting for you for ages- Come hold my hand- Pleasure yourself," said the girls.