7. Invitation Reminder

There were times when Anikaa had a strong, irresistible desire to paint. And, it was today. She woke up at 6 and went straight to her newly laid canvas. She gathered her brushes, water acrylic paint and poured out heavy amounts of paint on tear-off paper palette. She held her brush and started off. Sometimes she needed inspirations, sometimes holidays, new thoughts but today her mind and brush were in the same accord as if someone was directing her to paint like that. One stroke of red and another stroke of yellow combined to make orange. She was using different brushes, sponge and making all sorts of colour combinations that she had never made before. Her relentless brush strokes were making sloppy sounds on canvas and her transparent water jar was now mixed with different colours.

After continuously working for more than an hour, Anikaa looked at the painting in front of her, her very own creation- a flower bed embedded deep in the valley and a man standing near it holding a water jar, donning a white robe. It was the same view she encountered yesterday morning. The man was Jiyu.

With a deep sigh, Anikaa mused- "Who are you?"

She took a deep breath and went inside for a hot bath. God knows how she needed it! After having a warm bath, Anikaa made her way to the wide custom- made luxurious 'walk-in wardrobe' in her bathrobe. Her closet was a room in itself which was designed exquisitely to her taste. It was featured in 'architectural digest' and 'good home' magazines. Though all her houses were differently designed but the walk-in closets of Anikaa's room in all of them were just the same. It was one place where nobody was allowed, not even her mother.

Her spacious closet boasted exclusive collections from Gucci, Armani, Chanel, Prada, Dior, Versace, Valentino, Louis vuitton, Roberto Cavalli to Balenciaga marking her love for brands. A bright red bocca sofa was kept in the middle of the room. It was one of her expensive imports that she was proud of. The room brightened up as Anikaa switched on her wireless Ipod playing 'Rihanna's work'. Swaying her hips Anikaa picked up a red-orange, silk Gucci pencil skirt alongwith white embroidered silk shirt. Dancing along the song she picked a 'textured ring with cream glass pearl' from Gucci and opened her watch collection. She chose 'Dior VIII Grand Bal Plume', a limited- edition timepiece which her mother gifted on her birthday. Putting on her favourable red lip shade, she made her way out of the room, closing her closet with a passcode. Sure to turn heads today.

Anikaa was surprised to see the hall vacant as she reached down the stairs. She looked at the wall clock as the hands indicated the time- 10 am.

"How come everyone is late today for breakfast?" She looked around at the dining table as it was not laid out. She was about to call upon the whole staff when she heard Prashant's whining from the garden.

"No way mom, I'm certainly not going to apologise to Naina. It's out of question," said Nishant again.

Everyone was sitting around on the garden table having their breakfast. Anikaa was late or they were early, wondered Anikaa and sauntered to the table. Rachel was also sitting with everyone looking much better and thank god, not sneezing.

"Hello sunshine," beamed Gul.

Anikaa was delighted at once and was grinning like a young schoolgirl who has been given 'Student of the year' award.

"Thank you, Gul" said Anikaa cheerfully.

"Hey Rachel, feeling better now?" asked Anikaa to which Rachel nodded affirmatively.

"Well, everything is good but why are you late my dear?" asked Shireen with motherly concern.

"Well, I was finishing my painting so.....," said Anikaa quickly hugging her mother.