I.

May 28th
12:34 PM
New York, New York
ROBYN POV

I tossed and turned as I heard my phone ring. It was a rainy day, and all I really wanted to do was stay in bed.

I just finished touring about a week ago. Don't get me wrong, I love my fans, but a bitch truly needed a break. A long break.

Once the phone rang for the third time, I decided to pick it up. I couldn't even get a word in before the other person on the line immediately chimed in.

"Rih! What you at?" A semi-deep voice spoke into the phone.

"I'm in bed, Jay. Why, wassup? It better be something important, you interrupted my damn sleep." I spoke groggily into the phone.

"First of all, it's 12 in the afternoon. Second of all, I need you in the studio, ASAP! We talked about this last week Rih, I told you I was gon' need you here for this collab."

Fuck. I truly forgot.

"Shit! My bad, I've been so busy. I forgot we set this up, but I'll be there. Give me about 15 minutes, boss."

"Aight. I'm counting on you."

"Ugh, I know." I laughed.

We quickly said our goodbyes and hung up. I rubbed my eyes and sat up in my bed, looking ahead at the huge window in front of me that displayed the beautiful, busy city of New York.

"Let's get this day started." I sighed.

-

Once I was fully dressed, I took a glimpse of myself in the mirror that stood before me.

(Outfit in the MM)

"Well Robyn, this will have to do for now." I whispered to myself. I was only going to the studio, so I didn't see a reason as to why I should overdress.

I hurriedly ran out the door, making sure to lock it behind me before rushing down the four flights of stairs. This place is dope and it definitely wasn't cheap. But the stairs were no joke. I didn't want to take the elevator, only because I could use the little bit of exercise. And what can I say, this is what I get for buying a two million dollar penthouse that consisted of four floors.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Fenty." Jimmy greeted, his voice full of enthusiasm. "Where are we headed today?"

"Uh, the studio. As always. Thanks, Jim." I smiled, pulling my seatbelt down and jamming it into the buckle.

"You got it, Fentz." He nodded, turning the engine back on and making his way over to the studio.

-

"Aye, I knew I could count of you! You look like you're ready to pass out. You been workin' hard?" Jay asked while we made our way into the music room.

"I've been busting my ass, that tour really wore me the fuck out. It felt amazing though, I missed my navy so much. I'd do it all over again just the thousands of beautiful smiles that stood out in the crowd." I said, not noticing the wide smile that appeared on my face.

"That's wonderful, Rih. I knew you were going to be a star as soon as I met you. I took you in and look at you now, shinin' brighter than a diamond. I really did my job, huh?" He asked, nudging me on my head.

"Of course you did, I wouldn't be anywhere without you. You get all da' creds! You're the goat, man."

Jay was like a father figure to me. He signed me to his label back in 2005, which is why I am where I am today. This guy is one of the most talented, richest fellas in the industry. Him and his wife, Beyoncé. Another inspiration of mine.

When I moved here from Barbados at the age of 16 to meet up with the Carters, I missed my mama like crazy. Beyoncé really comforted me during that time, like a stepmom so to speak. Her hard work and beautiful personality will never go unappreciated.

Luckily, I bought my mom a house out in Los Angeles. She now lives there, along with the rest of my family. My bestfriend Melissa lived there for a bit also, until she got her own penthouse here in New York. She's now a professional photographer who doesn't live too far away from me, which is amazing. I get to have my bestfriend here with me all the time. As a matter of fact...

"Mel, hey whore." I chuckled once we got inside of the room, looking over at her laying down on the couch.

"You finally got up, eh? 'Ol sleepy head."

"Bitch, you're on my couch. Shut up before you get kicked out."

"You would neva', Rob."

"You're right about that!" I said. The three of us started laughing.

We instantly stopped when we heard a knock on the door.

"Who's that?" I asked. I suddenly remembered that I was doing a collab with someone. But who was it?

"It's open!" Jay shouted.

The door opened up, revealing a man. A man that I knew very well. For some reason I was shook. I haven't seen him in a while. To say that he looked good would be an understatement.

"Aye, Rihanna." He looked at me, over at Jay, then back at me with the widest smile on his face. "This is who I'm collabin' wit?" He questioned, letting his eyes roam up and down my body. He licked his lips and ran his hand over his face. I chuckled.

"Yep. We ain't got all day now, stop staring at the girl and let's get some work done. I ain't playing with you, Aub." Jay said, clapping loudly.

Well, here it goes.

-

I think I'm actually gonna like this book, wow.

I miss aubrih so much, man. I really catch myself reminiscing. 💀

anyway, I hope y'all liked this chapter or whatever. It was a quick idea that sparked in my mind, so I took advantage of it and turned it into a story.

- xoxo, fentyethics. 💛