XV.

October 25th
7:27 AM
Los Angeles, CA
ROBYN POV

"But I don't want you to leave, stay with me. Please?" I begged, wrapping my arms around Aubrey from the back as tight as possible.

"You know I'd rather be here with my beautiful lady, but I have to go. This is important, Robyn. There's only so many times that GQ Magazine calls you in for an interview." He stressed, looking over himself in the mirror.

"Fine, fine. Work calls." I huffed, letting go of him and walking over to our California king bed.

Though things are getting better in our relationship, he still has to earn my full trust back. Which is why I am the way I am.

Before I could take another step, he gently grabbed me by my arm, giving me no choice but come in contact with his toned figure. "Rob, I'll be back as soon as I'm finished. I promise. Now, fix this for me?" He asked, referring to his tie. I wanted to be petty and tell him to figure it out his damn self, but lord.

He looked so handsome.

"Sure thing, baby." Flashing a warm smile, I adjusted his tie and brushed the imaginary lint from his shoulders. Puckering my heart shaped lips, I stood up on my tip toes. He leaned down until our lips met, planting a soft, delicate kiss onto them. Prior to pulling away, his brown eyes found their way into mine.

"Make me proud today, you got that? And don't answer any mediocre shit they try to throw on ya'. The press loves to sneak those idiotic questions in."

"That's how they get their coins, ma. I ain't tryna stop a bag." He joked, causing my lips to form into a small pout.

"I'm serious."

"Shut all that up, you know I understand." Snaking his arms around my waist, he buried his face into my neck. "There's nothing to worry about. Okay? I would never speak bad on your name."

"Okay."

"I love you, babygirl."

"I love you more, daddy."

-

Now that Aubrey was out the house, I could finally treat myself to some actual food instead of having him for breakfast. Don't get me wrong, I love it... but my stomach doesn't always agree with my schedule.

While Bey's, 'Don't Hurt Yourself' quietly played in the background, I poured myself a tall glass of lemonade. After putting the jug back into the fridge, I made myself comfortable in one of the many chairs that belonged to the dining room.

Staring down at the bacon, grits, pancakes, and grapefruit slices, I licked my lips in pure temptation. Before I could even pick up the fork, my phone made a specific noise, signifying that someone was requesting to facetime me.

Damnit.

Picking it up, I looked at the caller ID.

Mel.

Accepting the call, I positioned my phone so that I was in view of the camera. "Bitch, I was just about to start eating. This better be something serious, or else." I groaned, looking into the camera.