XVI.

(Keep in mind, the setting of this story is held in 2016. Hence the song selections.)

October 25th
12:45 PM
Los Angeles, CA
AUBREY POV

Yeah, they hate but they broke though

And when it's time to pop they a no-show

Yeah, I'm pretty but I'm loco

"The loud got me movin' slow-mo!" I rapped along to Young MA's lastest track, "Ooouuu." Shit is fire.

The interview went by swiftly, foolish questions were put on hold. The magazine itself should be on stands across the globe by next week.

I can finally say that things are smoothly evolving again. My days of sulking are over, my music is continuously topping charts, and best of all... I got my girl back. And you know what they say about that.

"Happy wife, happy life."

What more could I ask for?

Coming to an abrupt stop due to the once green light quickly turning red, I laid my head back against the plush cushion of my Mustang. I began to close my eyes until I heard a horn.

What kind of person would blow at me while at a red light?

Asshole behavior.

It's not like we can go anywhere, unless we both want a ticket. And I don't know about that person... but I don't want any of those. I sat up and looked through my rearview, only to be met by a black Lamborghini with tinted windows.

Yeah, definitely an asshole. A bougie one at that.

Typical LA.

Looking away once the light shifted up to yellow, I took a right and continued my journey back to Robyn's crib. Now that it dawned on me... I missed her. I should call her.

Seconds after instructing my car to dial her number, she answered in an instant.

"Baby! Hiiiiii." She happily cooed, her voice oozing through the speakers like honey.

"So much for having an attitude with me this morning, eh? You seem happier than ever right now." I teased.

"Forget all that nonsense, I missed you. You've been gone too long, I'm sad." Though I couldn't see her, I knew she had the biggest pout on her lips.

"I missed you more, my sweetheart. Don't be sad. And stop all that pouting."

"How did you kn-"

"I've known you long enough to know when you're pouting, babe." I laughed, hearing her scoff.

"Whatever. Come home, GQ has spent enough time with you, I want my man back. Plus, I have something to tell you."

"What if I told you that I'm less than ten minutes away?" I smirked.

"Really?!" She squealed excitedly. "Why didn't you tell me that when you first called? You had me thinking that you were still at the headquarters, you meanie." The pout had reappeared. I could tell.