IX.

June 8th
8:48 PM
Los Angeles, CA
ROBYN POV

Right before my eyes, I saw Aubrey kissing Nicki like there was no tomorrow. I also noticed something else. She was trying her hardest to push him away.

But why? She didn't know about us.

Or did she?

Ignoring my irrelevant thoughts, I allowed my anger to takeover. I threw the bottle of water at Aubrey's head with full force, causing him to groan in pain and pull away from the kiss. He looked over at me and froze up in an instant. Like I was a ghost or something. As for Nicki, she looked shocked and very misunderstood.

She broke eye contact with me and looked up at him. Without hesitation, she slapped him.

Hard.

I didn't want to get in the middle of this, because I know how she can get. So I let her do the talking.

"What the fuck? I told you to get off of me before she even got here! I hug you, and you take advantage of me like that? You know I love you, but you can't do that shit." She paused, panting heavily. "I- I'm seeing someone."

"What?" We asked in unison.

"I'm in a relationship. And even if I wasn't, no would still mean no. I love you as friend. Nothing more, nothing less. You can't push yourself onto me like that."

From there, she moved away from him and rushed over to me. She wiped the tears that I didn't even notice streaming down my cheeks.

I glanced over Nicki's shoulder, watching Aubrey as he tried his hardest to avoid my eyes. He didn't say another word to niether of us. Instead, he just left.

For some reason, that really hurt me. He didn't even bother to apologize or anything.

Did he even care?

Before I could think about anything else, I broke down in Nicki's arms.

Honestly, I figured that Onika wasn't in the wrong. She was one of my best bitches.

When I turned that corner, I saw a look of sympathy in her eyes. Like she didn't even want to kiss him. That's when it all added up.

That was his way of paying me back.

"Let's get out of here before the paparazzi come, babe. We can talk in the car. I want you to tell me everything, don't hold anything back. You can trust me." She ran her fingers through my hair and planted a soft kiss onto my forehead.

-

I was now inside of my parked car along with Nic, who was sitting on the passengers side.

I called Mel and told her what happened. She told me not to worry about getting the things that I originally came here for, then instantly threatened to beat his ass, which made me laugh. I didn't want to do all of that because it would make things worse. After calming her down, I told her not to tell anyone.

Especially not Chris.

I also told her that she was now in charge of the event that was going on on her end, which wasn't a problem with her.