XIV.

September 18th
2:02 PM
Los Angeles, CA
AUBREY POV

Stepping out of my Ferrari, I made sure to lock it behind me before making my way over to Robyn's front door.

Things have been better between Robyn and I lately, which is something that I'm more than thankful for. In my eyes, she is someone you can't find anywhere else. It's my dream to marry her, start a family with her, and make her life worth living. But of course, we're going to take things slow. That's the best thing to do. It's also the best way to earn Robyn's trust again.

I opened the door to her house, heading inside. She left the door open for me since she told me that she would be napping.

"Baby, I'm home." I semi-yelled, walking into the living room.

To my surprise, she wasn't there.

Maybe she's in her bedroom.

As I started walking over to the wide, grand staircase, I immediately stopped in my tracks once I heard music coming from the backyard.

A surprise maybe? Hm.

Smirking to myself, I rubbed my hands together and rerouted towards the back of the house. I looked down onto the floor at the many rose petals and candles directing me where to go.

Romantic, eh?

Finally reaching the patio doors that led to outside, I quickly slid them open. I made sure to look down at my shoes so she couldn't see the huge smile my lips had formed into.

"My, my, my." I mumbled. "She really she outdid hersel-..." I looked up, stunned at the scene in front of me. Robyn and.... Chris.

Chris.
Chris.
Chris.

My smile instantly dropped.

He was on his knees. In his hand, was a box. Not just any box, but a box that contained a ring.

An engagement ring.

Was he actually proposing to her?

"Robyn?"

"Uh oh." I heard a tiny voice say from the opposite side of me. I looked over and saw Royalty sitting in the grass.

At this point, I was confused as hell. "Care to tell me what's going on?" I asked, slowly clenching my fist. The only thing keeping me sane right now is the fact that Royalty is around.

"Roro, go inside. We'll be there in a minute." Chris said as he stood up, referring to him and Robyn. Little did he know, Robyn would not be going back inside with him. She would be coming with me.

After I get an explanation.

We watch the little girl as she got up and ran into the house, leaving us three adults alone.

Robyn still had a look of shock on her face. I'm assuming that she was coming up with the right words to say. That's too bad though, because I didn't want to hear them.