Chapter 1: The Fight

Agent 8 finally made her way to the elevator to freedom. As the platform began to rise beneath her, Pearl and Marina told her they would be arriving at her location In a chopper. Captain cuttlefish and agent 3 had yet to even be heard from. This news worried agent 8, until the elevator suddenly stopped rising...

"Uh, why did the elevator stop?" Pearl asked, confused.

"I'm not sure.." Marina spoke with confusion in her tone.

"Hey! up there!" Pearl exclaimed.

Agent 8 looked up a large, tall pillar and found The Capt'n tied beneathe a UFO next to Agent 3.

"AGENT 8! you gotta stop 3, that Telephone did something to him to control his mind!" Captain cuttlefish exclaimed as Agent 3 turned around to face Agent 8. On the right side of his face was a weird goo that glowed and caused 3s' eyes to glow an Erie teal Color.

Once he spotted Agent 8, he whipped his cape behind him and jumped from the tall pillar and landed on the ground from a splatdown. Agent 8 being quick enough, dodged the attack and began to shoot paint at Agent 3 in attempt to remove the goo.

Painting the floor and swimming around to attack became her main strategy. Unfortunately, Agent 8 made a mistake when she jumped from the paint and shot at Agent 3 from behind; he quickly turned around and shot the octo shot out of her hand and over the railing.

Agent 8 fell to the paint less ground, hard. As she tried to stand, Agent 3 shot paint at her to keep her on the ground. In an almost robotic voice, Agent 3 said "never once, has any subject ever tried so hard to foil my plans. Once I get rid of you, inkopolis will be next".

Agent 3 straddled her waist and pointed the splatter shot to her head. "Good-bye, subject 10,008" he said in monotone.

"Not yet..." Agent 8 spoke for the first time since Awakening in the subway station. From behind her back, she pulled out an Splatbomb and threw it at the goo on agent 3s' head, knocking it off and blowing it to smithereens. Agent 3 finally freed from the control of the goo, fell on top of agent 8 and was now out cold.

Agent 8 began to blush slightly as she sat up with his head against her chest.

Once agian, the elevator began to move upward. Agent 8, now exhausted from the events before, passed out from exhaustion with agent 3 next to her.

About and hour later, agent 3 came to. He opened his eyes to see the girl whom had saved his life, passed out and injured badly. After untying Capt'n from his binds, he proceeded to carefully pick up Agent 8; as to not hurt her more than he already had. Once in his arms, he began to climb the ladder while holding Agent 8 in one arm, while the other was used to climb the immensely tall ladder. After opening the manhole and looking around, he placed Agent 8 on the ground temporarily so he could get out of the hole himself.

Once he got a good look around he realized that they were just off the coast of inkopolis and we're standing on a small "island". Agent 3 lifted Agent 8 back into his arms and carried her around a bit. Soon enough, his ear caught the sound of choppers flying in the area. He heard a familiar voice call out and saw Pearl and Marina waving and calling out to them.

After getting aboard, Agent 8 began to stirr and gained conciousness. She sat up slowly as agent 3 took notice of her Awakening. He crouched next to her "hey 8, how are you feeling? You took quiet the beating..." He trailed off looking quiet sorry.

Agent 8 worried about his expression gave him a thumbs up and tried to stand a bit too quickly, resulting in her falling back to her previous position. She rubbed he head and winced. Agent 3 quickly asked if she was alright, with which she replied with a nod.

"You know.." agent 3 started. "You have a wonderful voice, why don't you use it?" He asked with pink dusting his face a bit. This caught Agent 8 off guard and she quickly covered her mouth when she realized that he heard her speak before. Agent 3 chuckled softly at her reaction "I may have been under the control of that phone, but I could hear and see everything and for that.." he got down on his knees and bowed "please forgive me for my actions!" He said with sincerity.

Agent 8 chuckled and put her hand on his head, he looked up and saw her smile "i-its okay..." She said softly and smoothly.

All of a sudden, the chopper began to swing and sway, causing Agent 3 and 8 to lose balance. After the chopper steadied it's self, agent 3 stood up and yelled out "What's Going on?!".

Marina pointed to the island from before and everyone saw as it Rose from the ground to reveal...

"A HUMAN?!!!!" Capt'n yelled in fear.

"Wait, it's that danged phone again!" He corrected himself.

"Hello, I am...." The phone then began to blaber on about it's creation and it's purpose from 12,000 years ago. Once It had finished explaining, Marina Expalined To to Agent 3 that the statue was charging up a blast that would destroy inkopolis. After making a plan, agent 3 got into position. Just as he was about to launch off to the statue, Agent 8 Rose from the ground and launched off with another octo shot in hand. "8!!!" He called out.

Agent 8 proceeded to complete the mission, even if she was a bit dizzy and sore from the beating she took before. Just as Marina was about to fire the next set of bombs on the back of the statue, Agent 3 landed and said " you are hurt, I'm not letting you do this alone.." in a serious tone.

Agent 8 smiled and gave him a thumbs up. Agent 3 smiled and nodded as they prepared for the next set of bombs.

The rest of the mission was a complete success, the statue was now covered in ink. As agent 3 and 8 were returning back to the chopper, 8 slipped up and started falling on to one of the speakers. Agent 3 with quick reflexes, grabbed 8 and launched back to the chopper; with her in his arms.

Marina typed away at her computer "it's stopped charging but it's gonna fire anyway?!" She panicked

Pearl dropped to the platform beneathe the chopper and thanked agent 8 and 3 for their hard work. Pearl proceeded to use a full on vocal blast agianst the statue, completely besting the weapon and winning agianst Tartar.

"Professor...our...reunion....beckons" it spoke as the statue began to sink into the open ocean.

Marina pounced on Pearl In happiness while completely crushing her. Agent 3 set 8 down in the chopper with a nice fluffy rectangle thing wrapped around her.

"You did amazing out there 8, thank you" he said to 8.

Agent 8 opened her mouth to speak "no, th-thank you 3, you brought me t-to the promised l-land" she spoke quitely once more. Agent 3 smiled and pet her head gently.

Soon enough they would start an amazing life together, fighting side by side.