Chapter 13: The Failed Ones...

The cold hard ground around agent 8 brought her to her senses. Opening her eyes she sat up slowly; she had hit the back of her head quite hard. The whole world wouldn't stop spinning for a few moments as she tried to gain some kind of focus.

Sitting up she squinted at her surroundings.

"Where am I?" She questioned herself.

Carefully getting to her feet, she realised that her weapon wasn't on her. At the moment he had no way to defend herself.

After looking for the Octoshot for a bit, she stumbled upon a large metal door. Inspecting it closer showed that it had a small slot to insert a small piece of paper.

Her mind immediately went to the small tag around her ankle. Taking it off she looked at it before trying to insert it into the slot.

The door quickly snatched the small tag and began to make a stange noise. After a small ding the door opened with a huff of smoke filling the air.

Coughing, 8 closed her eyes and tried to wave the smoke away while walking forward. As the entered the room a robotic voice spoke.

"Welcome back, Project, ten-thousand-and-eight".

As the smoke died down, 8 opened her eyes and to her horror found somthing quiet disturbing.

A green light illuminated the room. Along the walls were cables that connected to glass capsules. The capsules were not empty however, instead there were endless rows of them and inside they held what looked like clones of herself. Some of them were even of the opposite gender. Others looked like the Octarians she had once faced off agianst in the deep sea metro and others were simply limbs with faces.

The room was extremely cold. This must have been the case because all of the capsules that held clones of 8 were frozen over.

All but one....

Slowly walking up to the capsule she saw a male octoling that looked alot like her. She placed her hand on the glass unconsciously and gazed at the boy whom could even be called her brother.

Without warning, the boy inside began to move little by little. It first started with simple twitches of his finger tips and then to the sudden look of discomfort on his face.

8 moved away from the glass but never once did her gaze move from him.

His eyes began to slowly open. He began to look around aimlessly until his eyes fully opened as he looked directly at 8.

8 was suprised, never had she thought this was where she had been created much less did she have a brother.

The boy in the capsule began to move to the glass. He began to bang on it in attempts to free himself. 8, seeing his distress, looked around the room for somthing to open the or even break open the glass.

Taking a glance at the boy in the capsule she held up a single finger as if to tell him to wait a moment. Running down the aisle she saw a computer module.

Tapping on the keyboard infront of her she found the single capsule on a map that hadn't been frozen over. After inputting a few more commands the robotic voice from before began to speak.

"Commnecing drainage of capsule ten-thousand-and-eight point five".

After hearing that, 8 raced back to the capsule just as it began to drain of a strange green liquid. When the Capsul was almost empty and error occurred.

"ERROR ERROR. OPENING CAPSULE" the robotic voice sounded agian.

The capsule opened and the boy inside was sent flush out of it. Before he could hit the ground however, 8 caught him in her arms and helped him stand.