Chapter 16: Memories Not Of Your own

"Hey...#@&*××?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think being a part of the squidbeak splatoon is dangerous?"

"Sometimes...but it's okay!"

"How come?"

"Because....as long as I have you to return to. Then I have to fight my hardest".

"Just because you fight hard doesn't mean that you'll always be okay"

"Yeah that might be true, but...its all I can do"

"Well what ever happens, don't aim farther than you can shoot. Okay?".

"I.....p r o m i s e".

Slowly opening her eyes, 8 scanned the area she was in. It was an old rest area somewhere in the metro. After using the elevator to escape the lab, 8 brought her brother to a rest area; as he seemed a bit fatigued from only now being able to move.

Looking at the boy leaning on her shoulder she thought hard about what to do next. Being separated from the others, not knowing what's going on, and now having to care for another person. It was overwhelming, but she knew she had to stay strong.

Then she looked back on that dream; who was she talking to? Why was her voice...different? That person...felt familiar.

In a moment she heard a sound. Looking down the tunnel way she saw a light peaking out from the darkness. Shaking 8.5 from his sleep she saw the train pulling into the station.

Standing up, 8.5 rubbed his eyes and 8 put a hand on his back and ushered him inside. Inside, awaiting them was C.Q cucumber.

"Hello 8, welcome back. May I ask who our other patron is?"

C.Q inched closer, looking at 8.5. 8.5 inched behind 8 and peeked out at the creature in curiosity.

"Brother" was all 8 said.

"Well then, Before we depart I'd like to tell you about your fellow Surface dwellers."

8's eyes widened, had they left already?

"Where?" She asked.

"Don't be hasty, they left back to the surface. Something about a few of their friends getting in trouble of someone sort." C.Q spoke and started inching away and into the next car.

"I'll assume you wish to follow them? Then off we go. All passengers...." he seemed to trail off in 8's mind. She began thinking, why had the others left? Had they forgotten her? It all became harder and harder to fathom. Then that dream, the conversation, the familiar voice that's didn't belong to her.

A hand found it's way to her shoulder, looking to her left 8.5 wore a concerned expression.

"It's okay" he said. It was a little broken and slow but it was comforting. 8 smiled, looking at her new brother and calming down.

A few hours passed and the train announced they had arrived at their destination. Opening the door and Stepping out didn't happen. Instead the doors opened and the staircase that was their key to the surface had been caved in.

8 ran to the rubble and looked around, desperately looking for a way around.

8.5 stood behind her, looking around and shaking. The train had already left at this point and in the station was only the twins.

"No, no,no,no!" 8 exclaimed. They were stuck in the metro, no one around, no one to help. She began pacing, mumbling under her breath insults and possible plans.

Out the the shadows of the tunnels stepped out a figure, a very Familiar, figure.

"Hello, 8. What a pleasure to finnaly meet you." The figure spoke.

Turning to the voice, the twins spoke in sync.

"Who are you?".

"I'm your fellow octarian, I'm your king". He spoke louder.

"Now..." he spoke and pulled out a remote "bow down to me". Pressing the button the twins heard a loud, high pitched noise with a beat. Forcing both of them to their knees.

"Kneel before my wasabi beats".

Unedited!