Seven

The Supreme Leader's heart raced within his chest as he sucked in a deep breath. Why did he show you his private study? Why did he bring you there? That was for him and only him! He was about ready to turn on his heel, storm back into the room and demand you leave... But how much of a fool would that make him seem to be if he wasn't one already?

And why did he care about you're opinion?!

"AGH!" He shouted into the dead hall, fists clenched as he hunched forward. Kylo wanted to keep you close, but he also wanted his distance. He needed you near even if he didn't want to admit it. He couldn't keep you locked up forever! You were to be his wife, it wasn't like anyone else could steal you away... Wait, why was he worrying about that?

Storming off and nearly leaving smoke in his wake, a stormtrooper popped up from around a corner as the Supreme Leader had completely missed him—too lost in his mind to even realize he wasn't alone.

Quietly walking down the hall and up to the door, he pressed the open button. Peeking into the room as his eyebrows lifted from within his helmet, his jaw fell open. There was plenty he hadn't seen from within the palace... but this was very unexpected.

Standing before a row of canvases, sifting through them, your eyebrows furrowed. They all looked quite similar: a pair of figures held close together, most being silhouettes while others were their backsides.

Something about them felt familiar, as if you had seen the paintings before. Especially the one that was now in your hands. A very dark one, almost as if the scenery was set at night time. The two figures stood far apart, just outside the moons wake.

"Moondust?"

"Princess?"

Snapping out of your thoughts as your mind had fallen into a trance, you lowered the painting and turned, seeing a stormtrooper standing there. "Daniel?" With a wide grin as the trooper nodded, you rushed forward and pulled him into an embrace. "How did you find me?"

Hugging you back, Daniel pulled away as he removed his helmet to speak. "I will be honest, I saw the two of you—you and the Supreme Leader—and I couldn't help but follow. After all... You don't see the man escorting a lovely woman away. It's quite... strange."

Smiling while shaking your head, you crossed your arms. "That sounds quite a lot like stalking, Daniel."

"Not entirely when I am looking out for the princess." He winked as you playfully rolled your eyes. "Speaking of which... Do you mind if I spend my break with you?" Daniel asked as your eyebrows lifted. You could use the company.

"Not at all!" You smiled. "But, just so you know, you shouldn't be here. This is the Supreme Leaders private study."

"Well, what about you?" He teased.

"Clearly, I am the only lucky one allowed here." You winked.

Grinning, Daniel sighed. "Your secret is safe with me. No one will know I was here."

A few hours had passed since Kylo had left you in the private study. He expected you to busy yourself with something in there, seeing as there was plenty of reading and... activities. He assumed you spent the time in there rather than being elsewhere. And when he heard your voice, he assumed right.

That is until he heard a second voice. A much deeper one.

Inching closer and closer, Kylo's jaw tightened as he heard your laugh followed by a few shared words. You were supposed to be alone! No one else was supposed to know about—let alone be in—that room! How could you break his trust?!