Twenty Two

A wave of praises came from the Ewoks before you as Kylo stood there with tinted cheeks. He wasn't sure what to do, wasn't sure how to get himself out of the horde. It had been too long since he was last on Endor and he didn't expect the Ewoks to remember him... now that he was no longer their height...

"Kylo? What's going on?" You asked, watching as two Ewoks walked up to him and grabbed either of his hands, causing him to hunch over the slightest. "Kylo?"

"I... Uh..." Unsure of how to explain the situation, Kylo's cheeks turned a deeper shade of red.

"Kylo... where are they taking you?" You nervously asked, only for another pair to walk over to grab your hands and pull you along. "Where are they taking us?"

"Yubnub! Yubnub!" They all chanted, tugging you and Kylo away from the treehouse.

"When I was a... child... I played with the Ewoks a lot and they... respected me—"

"What?" You grew wide eyed. "You and Ewoks? You and teddy bear looking creatures were... friends?" You asked.

"YES, OKAY!" He shouted defensively. "NOTHING WRONG WITH—"

"Kylo..." You sighed.

"...Sorry..." He grumbled. Following along as the Ewoks continued on to cheer, the two of you soon found yourselves in a community of treehouses. Each were connected by wooden bridges that lead to one another, Kylo was forced to sit on a chair as the Ewoks conversed with him, his Ewokese being rusty as he tried his best to respond to them.

Watching with a smile, thankful that the Ewoks were enjoying your company rather than eating you, you got lost in a gaze, only to be interrupted as one had tugged on you. "Oh, hello!" You greeted with a smile as the fuzzy creature extended its small arms out. "Is that for me?" You asked, seeing something folded up as the Ewok nodded, then gesturing for you to follow. Looking at Kylo once more, you then followed the Ewok into one of the huts.

Taking the clothes in your own hands, the Ewok left you after it shut the door behind. Unfolding whatever it was they made, you eyed it. It was a soft brown color, the front being tied together as the sleeves were short. From the waist down, tendrils of the fabric hung with high slits, but not high enough to show too much. Changing into it, not wanting to upset the Ewoks by not wearing their gift, you sucked in a breath and eyed the dress on you. It was quite comfortable and fit just right, amazed that it had when you were sure they couldn't have possibly made it so suddenly.

Exiting the hut, your eyes suddenly landed on Kylo, who was now standing and... in a different outfit? He no longer had his black on black attire, rather, something in a similar color like your own. Tilting your head, you took a few steps forward, seeing he was in what seemed to be a poncho and... shorts. "Lovely outfit you have on." You teased, Kylo's head snapping over, you not realizing his hair was partially tied back.

"The Ewoks made me do it." He defended, but you couldn't help but chuckle. Suddenly, a wave of cheering and praising came your way, you looking around and seeing the happy Ewoks approach you. "I see they made you change, too." Kylo huffed.

"Yes, but my dress is cute." You chuckled, but your focus was set on the horde of Ewoks to even notice Kylo's offended expression.

"My outfit is... decent!" He exclaimed. "I just— They made me do it!"

Laughing, you felt the Ewoks grab your hands and pull you over to a seat. "Relax, Kylo, your legs look nice." You smiled, looking over at him as he pursed his lips, blushing at your compliment. Taking a seat, an Ewok climbed a small ladder as another did the same, the two tending to your hair and doing something for it as Kylo watched with a throbbing heart. You hadn't seemed this happy in... well, he couldn't quite recall. Yes, you were happy on Bespin and partially on Tatooine, but now you were glowing.