Fifteen

A violent tremor woke you up from the sleep you couldn't remember taking. Your body shivered at the realization that you were still wet, lifting your head enough to realize you were still in Kylo's arms... except, now, seated on his lap.

"We're here." Phasma announced, holding her helmet in her arm before pulling it over her head.

You peeled yourself from the man, trying to stand up, only to stumble and instantly fall back into his grip as Phasma reached for you. Your body had outdone itself from all the running and swimming, you needed more sleep.

Lifting you in his arms as Phasma lowered the ramp, Kylo walked down and completely ignored the looks from technicians and pilots, as well as the few stormtroopers that worked along the palace's hangar.

"I'll send a blockade of troops to Kamino if you'd like." Phasma spoke up as she walked alongside Kylo. "Get as much information as I can before shutting it down." Giving her a single nod, Phasma bowed her head before looking over at you. "Welcome back home."

Giving her a soft smile, you nodded, watching Phasma walk away as Kylo left in the opposite direction. "You will be staying in my quarters from now on." He said, snapping you out of your thoughts. You nearly had forgotten of whose arms you were in, almost forgetting the fact that you had technically ran away...

Choosing to stay silent as you sat in his arms, the hand that clutched a fistful of his shirt loosened up as it slid down to your lap. You couldn't help but keep your head low, knowing you were going to be reprimanded in some way. He was going to keep you in his room so he knew you'd never run off again. Maybe he wouldn't allow you access into his study anymore... You frowned at the thought, not realizing that Kylo was eyeing you.

Entering his quarters and settling you on his couch, Kylo knelt before you, studying your face before reaching for your blanket. Just before he could pull it off, you clutched onto it as your eyebrows narrowed. "I want to make sure you're okay." He lowly spoke, looking you in the eyes. "I need to see your... skin."

Sucking in a breath as you kept your eyes locked on his, you slowly nodded, loosening your grip as he pulled the blanket away. Your body shivered as you wrapped your arms together, eyes not leaving his own as he reached out. Feeling his gloved hands carefully hold onto your arms, turning them as his eyes lowered to study them, you gulped. "They injected me... I don't know how many times..." you whispered, shaking in his grip. "I was being— I was jabbed at and— and I don't know what else, I couldn't watch but it hurt..." your voice cracked as Kylo tightened his jaw, seeing all the incisions and red blotches, carefully rubbing his thumb over them.

"Do they hurt?" He asked and you shook your head. Looking at you and seeing the terrified expression in your eyes, Kylo took in a deep breath. He wanted to apologize, knowing if he hadn't pushed you away as he always had, you wouldn't have been so close to Daniel. Or, maybe you would have. But, he knew, if he hadn't scared you off, you definitely wouldn't have ran away and ended up the situation you were in.

"Daniel wanted to run away, told me his plan. I didn't agree with it, I wanted to stay with our people... but then..." Shaking your head, knowing very well that Kylo knew where the conversation was going, you sighed.

"I went back to him and decided to join him, working on impulse... he told me he was with the Resistance and I— I believed it. But a part of me had already regretted my decision. Things Phasma had told me echoing in my head about you. And then we landed on Coruscant, I overheard the truth that he wanted nothing more than to use me... to rid me from you..." you trailed, looking down, but Kylo lifted you chin, as if gesturing for you to continue on.

"I tried running away but— I don't know, I collapsed." You breathed as Kylo furrowed his eyebrows. The vile. You hadn't known you had been injected. "And then I woke up on Kamino, terrified... they experimented on me and I— When the opportunity came, I ran. I tried to escape. I— I killed two men." You choked, a few tears slipping as Kylo wiped them away. Your heart skipped a beat at the gesture, but not daring to push it away.