Twenty Seven

Morning had come swiftly after the two of you had made it back to Kylo's treehouse and rested. When you had woken up, something was there that wasn't there before. Something strong and in your heart; something that had been taken from you and was not returned. True love.

You didn't want to move away, lost in a trance as you gazed at Kylo's resting face, so calm and soft. Smiling at him, you leaned over and kissed his cheek, heart swelling up at the contact. The reality had hit you that it had technically been over six years since the two of you last saw one another.

Tracing his jaw, gently with your fingertip, you watched as he shifted beside you. Furrowing his eyebrows and scrunching up his nose, you held in a laugh before lifting your finger and reaching into his hair, twirling his locks. "Hmm..." You hummed as you felt Kylo's arm snake around your waist, pulling you even closer to him as he cleared his throat.

"We should leave..." He grumbled, voice husk and deeper than normal.

"May we say goodbye to the Ewoks?" You asked, rubbing your fingers against his scalp.

"Mmm... I suppose." Kylo sighed, rolling himself to rest on top of you. "If you keep doing that, I will fall back asleep."

Chuckling, you slid your hand from his hair and tried your best to shove him off of you, grunting in the process before sitting up and stretching. Just as you were, Kylo had sat up and wrapped his arms around your waist, nuzzling your shoulder. "If you keep doing that, you'll fall asleep." You nudged your shoulder as Kylo huffed.

"I suppose that is fair..." He sighed, lifting himself from you as you smiled, looking over at him and seeing the sleepy look on his face. "Let's get ready to leave." Kylo said, rubbing his face as he yawned.

Reaching over and lowering his hands, you kissed either of his cheeks, then his nose. "Are you sure you can fly your ship?"

"I'm positive." Kylo assured, grabbing your hands and kissing your knuckles before pulling you off of the bed with him. "I want you to see Naboo." Biting your inner lip, you looked away for a moment, earning a look from Kylo. "What is it?"

"I didn't tell you last night... but..." gulping, you looked back at Kylo, "I've already seen Naboo. You've shown me."

Blinking a few times, Kylo tilted his head. "I have?"

"Long before..." You nodded. "And... now that I think about it... it makes sense as to how Lando knew me. Because I knew him... You've introduced us before." You trailed, not remembering that you had gone to Cloud City with Kylo—then Ben—once, when the two of you had snuck off and flew over.

"Oh..." Kylo lowly spoke, but you lifted your hand to his cheek and smiled. "I wish I could remember..."

"It's okay." You nodded as he held your wrist. "It still feels like you're taking me there for the first time." Using your free hand to grab his own, you kissed the back of it before looking back up at him. "I'm excited either way, Naboo is beautiful."

"Then I guess we should say goodbye to those Ewoks and get going already, hmm?" Kissing your palm, Kylo held your hands as you nodded, leaning in and kissing your lips before the two of you got to gathering your things and getting ready to disembark.

Saying goodbye to the Ewoks wasn't easy, they nearly refused to let you go, but with much persuasion (and promises of return) they eventually allowed you to go, giving you a goodbye gift of a cute pair of toys they made you that looked like both you and Kylo. You cherished it as you kept them close—although Kylo had found them to be creepy.

But now you were in the spacecraft that Kylo had been piloting, traveling towards Naboo. As the ship was approaching the planet, Kylo had spoken through the com link and requested a landing platform.