Seventeen

"Moondust?" Feeling your heart race at the sight, you were just about to reach forward, but instead, you fell right through. And as you came into contact with the terrain, you jolted awake.

Your heart was pounding in your ears. You knew that face. The freckles and beauty marks. That nose. The hair... Those eyes. Except, those eyes seemed much more brighter and lighter than the ones you knew to be reality.

Gulping, you slowly looked over and eyed Kylo, sound asleep, as you studied him. The same set of freckles and beauty marks. The strong nose and that dark, tousled hair. It had been him. But why had he been wearing what he wore? And why was it much like all those other dreams you had that were held within the night?

Had those been about him?

Impossible, they couldn't have been. What you felt in your heart now was never felt before... So why did it feel right? Why did it feel like a revelation?

"Moondust..." You muttered under your breath. "Starlight..." You thought back to the calligraphy set in your room, the paper you had found written on with that name... Had it been Kylo that had written it, or was it an outside force at play?

You tried not thinking too deeply into it, but that seemed impossible. It was all you could think about now that you were safe with Kylo and away from the torturous chair and Daniel's hold. There was something in your heart that wasn't there before. You cared for Kylo as he proved to have cared for you. You felt comfortable with him. You liked his company even more now... And you knew he was starting to feel the same for you. But, was it as friends... or was there more?

Your heart dipped at the thought. Sure, friends cared for one another, worried and looked out for them... But, did they sleep the way you were now sleeping with him? They did argue, that's for sure... But, how would you know? You never really had a friend before.

Feeling Kylo's grip tighten around you, bringing you even closer as your heart skipped a beat, you could feel his breathing against your neck as he found himself nuzzling against you, becoming more... comfortable with your presence. Even if he was the one who initiated sleeping closer.

Taking in a deep breath, knowing it was doing you no good over thinking, you eased back into him and shut your eyes. It wasn't best to dwell on what you didn't understand.

The scent of something fresh, like flowers in spring, filled Kylo's senses as he felt his body slip back into consciousness. For a moment, he nearly had forgotten he fell asleep with you, the sight of your head so close to his and your body pressed to his made his heart flutter. His grip loosened around you, and as he was about to peel away, he realized he, too, had wrapped his leg around your own without knowing.

Unwrapping himself from you, feeling his cheeks heat up as the blood rushed to his head, Kylo took in a nervous breath before turning to lay on his back. His heart was racing and all he could feel was you against his body... and he was already missing the warmth shared between the two of you.

Hearing shifting, Kylo turned his head to see you rolling to face him, still asleep and unaware of your movements. For a moment, Kylo looked away, but when he felt you bury yourself into him as you pressed your folded arms into his side, his eyes widened. Did you subconsciously miss the warmth and search for it?

His ego wanted to push you away, but his heart wanted you to stay right there against him and go nowhere else. To be like that for the entire morning, into the afternoon, and even through the night. He liked the feeling of you there. He enjoyed your body being so close to his. And he... loved knowing it was you and no one else.

Shutting his eyes at the conflict of his own emotions and understanding them, Kylo rubbed his face with his left hand—the one that wasn't lost under the sheets and you. He had to do something, he needed to make a decision... but, what?