Ten

The brushstrokes that were left behind with the calculated movements of the Supreme Leader's wrists left behind its print on the large canvas that sat before Kylo. It was much bigger than what he was used to, easily twice his width rather than being half his size. But, for some reason, Kylo was feeling far too much to have a small canvas capture it.

Not realizing what entirely he was painting, seeing as he had set everything up so swiftly and got to work so suddenly, he took a step back and felt his chest tighten. It was you, you standing before a balcony to the view of a vast ocean... and he wasn't entirely sure how he got there. He wasn't even sure as to how he was able to draw it out when you weren't even there to be his muse...

Tightening his ungloved hand around the paint brush, Kylo looked away from the canvas and found his focus on the parchment paper you had written on. His heart ached within his chest as his eyes lingered on it from afar, nearly reciting key lines that lingered within his thoughts. Why were you so... kind? Why did you bother with him, anyway? It wasn't like you loved him, but you gave him attention. Something he only got when he was on a rampage... not when he was simply existing. You must've been acting such way since you knew you were stuck with him. Forced to marry him and spend the rest of your lives together.

That was it. That must've been it. You would never love him.

And he wasn't sure why the thought left him so bothered.

Feeling the bright lights seep through your eyelids as you stirred, your senses suddenly kicked in as you realized you were not where you were when you had fallen asleep. Or, at least, not where you last remember being. Forcing your eyes open and recognizing your room, you sat up on your elbows and eyed your surroundings. How did you get there? Did you sleep walk?

Sitting up from your bed and rubbing your eyes, you cracked your neck from how stiff it felt before standing up, and aiming for the washroom. You didn't ponder too long on how you got back to your room, assuming you were far too exhausted to even remember... You just hoped your painting and calligraphy were fine.

Looking in the mirror and growing wide eyed, you blushed at the sight of your cheek being smudged in the ink you used to write with, instantly washing your face and brushing your teeth to freshen up before peeling your clothes off to enter the refresher. You had taken much longer than usual, feeling sluggish as you washed up. The moment you stepped out to dry yourself, walking out of the washroom to grab your outfit for the day, you stopped in your tracks.

Seeing the luggage on your dining table, you couldn't quite recall ever setting up your bag for the mission you'd soon embark on...

Furrowing your eyebrows and walking over, undoing the latch and popping it open, your eyes widened at the sight of the numerous amounts of underwear shoved into the compartment. "What in the galaxy..." You breathed. Maybe Low had come in as you slept to help you pack? Whatever or whoever it was, you closed the suitcase and continued on getting ready.

Pulling on a matching, two piece outfit, you pulled back a portion of your hair into a small knot before slipping your feet into a pair of shoes. Reaching for a cloak and tugging it on, you heard a knock on your door.

"Princess." A knight spoke as they stood at your door, you looking over and nodding, knowing very well they were there to retrieve you.

Watching the other knight grab your bag, you followed the two out, over to the hangar. You wondered if the knights would be joining you and Kylo or if it was just the two of you... A part of you hoped for the latter, seeing as Kylo was slowly improving himself the more time he spent around you.

Leading you towards Kylo's shuttle and up the ramp, your eyes landed on the Supreme Leader as he was already on board. Kylo had been in the midsts of preparing the shuttle for departure when you had appeared, catching his eyes as he stared at you with such intensity in them. He couldn't forget the night before... carrying you to your room, packing your bag... painting you. And, with that small smile you had on your lips that greeted him, Kylo had to look away before he felt his black heart melt into his stomach. There was no time for weaknesses.