Twenty

It had been over two hours since Kylo had locked himself within the bedroom. Over two hours since the food arrived and nearly an hour of you patiently waiting for him to emerge to join you for dinner and eat together. But, he never came, and you ate alone.

Returning his food within its containers, not wanting to leave them outside, you stood from the table and cleared it up before sitting at one of the couches. You sat there in silence, staring at nothing while begging for sleep to overcome you. But, you weren't exhausted, although mentally, you sure as hell were drained.

Two hours turned into four and you had decided you needed to walk around. Maybe that would physically tire you out. You truly did not want to disturb Kylo, you respected boundaries, and... well, sitting around for so long wasn't doing you justice.

At some point, C-8P8 had returned to deliver the suitcases and you had changed into something more simple. You knew you wouldn't have access to the bedroom for sometime so you changed in the open before deciding to go on your walk.

Exploring the halls and stopping at different points, admiring the architecture unique to Cloud City, you found yourself standing at a balcony, overlooking the city amongst the clouds. The air seemed much more clearer than that you were used to, although quite different. The way the clouds moved along the floating structure so gracefully caught your attention as you leaned into the balcony wall and watched them sway by.

Maybe this was why Kylo went there often. It was quite calming  barren, everyone minding their own business—although you were sure it was because it was now nighttime. But it was still less... stressful and hostile than Starkiller II.

"Hello, princess." Hearing a semi familiar voice speak from behind you, you turned. "Can't sleep?"

Sucking in a breath, you nodded. "I'm not tired." You admitted. "Although, I should be... I am not."

Nodding his head, Lando walked closer and stood beside you. "How are you liking your stay so far?"

"It's lovely!" You smiled at him, only to look down and suck in a breath. "It's wonderful..."

Eyeing you, Lando then looked out at the clouds. "Ben... Kylo, whatever he calls himself, is a very complex man. Wouldn't you agree?"

Instantly looking up and seeing Lando keep his focus away, you nodded. "He is."

"I think... that's what makes him very interesting. Unique, in a sense. Difficult to understand and get to, but that's the beauty of him." Lando said. "He's a very three dimensional man even if he seems very two dimensional. But that's because he forces himself to seem that way. He's just hard to get to. Hard to understand. But there's so much about him, within himself, that wishes to be expressed. After all, a man like himself must have much to tell."

Breathing in, you turned and held onto the balcony once again, mentally agreeing with Lando.

"I know very well he tried pushing you away. It's a given, he has that stubborn mentality that he thinks sheltering himself will help save him from making matters worse. Believing that he couldn't possibly gain something good without tarnishing it... but, you, my dear princess... You are something else. You, without realizing it, have wedged yourself deep in that man. Why else would he take you to his secret hideaway?"

Lifting your eyebrows, you shifted your eyes over to Lando slowly. "What?"

Snickering, Lando shook his head before looking over at you. "You don't think that man travels often, do you? He doesn't even dare go on vacations. The only time he travels is for the First Order." He explained. "He has, not once, brought someone else with him here. Never. You must be held highly by him without knowing it."