Chained to the rythum

Are we crazy?
Living out lives through a lens

The fight was harsh. The kid was strong, I'd give him that. We'd been fighting at a steady pace for a couple minuets now, neither one of us letting up.

A second later we both back away from the other. Circling each other like wolves with their pray.

"Ik geef je krediet, je bent bekwaam." (I'll give you credit, you are skilled.) I tell him, my words coming out in slight pants. He nods to me in appreciation then moves to throw his sword at me.

As the silver blade slices through the air at me a flip so I am right above the blade. Grabbing the hilt of the sword, I land on the isle. Spinning I throw the sword to the groom. The blade cutting through his hand and into the marble staircase.

He screams in pain and screeches at the guards around him.

"KILL HIM!" He screeches and the guards hesitate. After a couple moments of hesitation they charge at me. I turn and tackle the boy behind me to the ground.

"Bastaard." (Bastard) He growls at me. I smirk behind my mask and take a dagger to his high cheekbone.

"Dit is nog niet voorbij." (This isn't over.) I whisper in a sickeningly sweet voice. He struggled against me as I cut into his cheek, slightly cutting through the fabric over his mouth. He hisses in pain and struggles under me harder. Sliding the dagger back into place, I grip his neck. "See you around." I whisper and feel the shiver run through his body.

I stand and back away from the boy and the guards behind him. The boy crouches, looking like a panther about to pounce, or L from Deathnote. I wink at him and catch the rose red colour stretching over his tan cheeks.

The rift takes hold of me then and travels me back to my world. I land in the clothes I left in, tight skinny jeans and plaid with the sleeves rolled up to my elbows. I stand in front of the gay bar Jen was to take me too.

I wave at the security people at the door as I approach.

"Hey I'm a friend of Jennifer Winks. My name is Wren Collin." I shout over the loud music. They look at each other then let me in. I wonder over to the stairs to the left of the entrance.

I glance around as I walk up the steps. I make eye contact with one of the male strippers dancing on the stage in the middle of the room. He smirks as me as I roll my eyes. You wish Sapphire. I think to myself.

Sprinting up the last couple steps I come to a door. Swiftly I type in the seven number password and hear the door click. Pushing it open I come face to face with a drunk Jen.

"How much did you drink?" I ask, completely entertained by her.

"Jussh a bite." She slurs and I snicker.

"Where's Sebastian?" I ask, a bit of my Dutch accent seeping through. She points to the door on my left, the bathroom. As if on que, Sebastian walks out of the bathroom with a bloodstained cloth over his left cheek.

"Hey." He says simply. I stare at him in utter shock.

"What the hell did you do to your beautiful face!?" I screech at him. Swiftly I run over to him and take the cloth from him. I examine the deep gash in his cheek and usher him to the bathroom.

"I'm fine really. It's just a small cut." He tries to tell me, but his words fall on def ears.

"Sit on the counter." I tell him. He does as I say as I look for the med kit.

"You think I'm beautiful?" He asks then. I freeze in place for a split second before shrugging.

"Yes." I hesitate to say. He gives me a half smile.