O'Death

But what is this, that I can't see,
With ice cold hands taking hold of me

~Jen's POV~
Sebastian picks up Wren, the both of us rushing back to everyone else. Angel can help him.

Wren hasn't woken up and he's not and warner then when we left. If anything he's gotten colder. His breathing is growing more and more shallow. I fear for the moment it stops.

We get to to cottage and no one is there. I starts to scream.

"Help!" I shout, praying someone will hear. "Help!" I scream a little louder. There are feet shuffling and Kory shoves open the door, Angel and Helena right behind him. He looks angry, but all emotion falls from his face as he looks at Wren. Seb backs away as Kory runs over to him.

Wren's skin is now eerily pale, his breath so shallow it's hard to tell he's breathing. His lips have taken on a blueish colour.

"Wren?" He ask in a low, broken voice. My heart shatters for him as I smash my head into Seb'a chest, my hands fisting his shirt there as I cry. He places his head on top of mine and wraps his strong arms around me.

"What happened to him?" Helena asks in a cruel voice. Harsh and demanding. My tears stop and I look at her.

"You." I growl. "He was fine before you came along. He wasn't like this. He was going to be happy with Kory, then you showed up." Now it's my turn to be harsh. I know my eyes have turned a blood red by now, but I don't care. Morgous can rip her to shreds for all I care, I just want Wren to be okay. "But no, you had to tell him that he has to break his bond with Kory in order to get him to Wonderland!" I shout.

My eyes travel to Kory who is kneeling beside Wren's body, his hands cupping Wren's face as he cries, begging Wren to wake up and be okay. I know he's heard my words when he looks up at me with his tear filled eyes.

"She just explained to me that it's for the tonic that will get him to Wonderland." Kory whispers and turns back to Wren.

I don't like what you're thinking Jen. Nadia tells me. I can hear her whimpering because of what's happening to Wren. Wren is her pack. And wolves can't go on without a pack or they lose their minds.

"What if you got a broken bond, but it wasn't theirs?" I ask her. She studies me and raises a brow.

"Tell me what's happened to Wren." She demands from me again. "If I know I can help."

"He was crying and fell asleep. When he woke up his hands and forearms were black and like dust. His eyes were an ice blue with pupils like a cat." I tell her. Her face pales and she looks at Wren.

"Death is taking over." She whispers. We all look at her and she explains. "Death is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. He's the strongest and most feared. The host he was in was killed a long time ago and he's been looking for a new one. The must have trained Wren up to be the perfect host for him."

"Why is this just happening now then?" Kory asks.

"Wren is strong willed and wouldn't break no matter what people did to him. The others must have noticed he cares about others more then himself because they killed Bryan. But even then, Wren remained strong and wouldn't let him in. Have control.

"It must be happening now because of me. I asked him to give up the last bits of humanity he has and that is what has allowed Death to start taking over. I'll get him something to wake him up so we can tell him that he doesn't have to do what I told him." She runs off after that.

We all look at the two broken looking boys. Wren's arms fluctuate between being normal and the black, dust like things from before. I turn away from them, my heart aching. I turn right into Sebastian's chest and start crying again.