Beautiful trauma

/A/N/ Hello readers. This chapter is gonna have a really emotional triggering scene in it. It will be a rape scene between Wren and someone else. I'll mark it and give you guys a heads up so you can just skip over it. Anyways, on with the chapter.

'Cause we've been on the run so long, they can't find us
Who's gonna have to die to remind us
'Cause these tough times, they keep coming

~10 minutes earlier~
~Sebastian's POV~
I massage my bruised knuckles as Kory holds me back. The guy I beat being tended to by Dartanion.

"Seriously?" Angel asks me, glaring hard into my eyes.

"He was meant to protect. He let her die!" I growl at her, my anger building up again. Angel rolls her eyes as Kory snickers. Angel walked over to where Jen's lifeless body lays. She places a hand over Jen's heart, a soft green glow shining from her hand. Perfectly green grass grows around Angel's feet, small flowers growing with it.

I grab Kory's shoulder in shock. Jen's wounds close on their own, leaving scars behind. Angel backs away from Jen's body, coming to stand beside Kory. Jen's body lurches forward as she gasps for air. She coughs as I rush over to her, grabbing her hand. Worry covers me face.

"You're alive." I breath in amazement. She leans over and places her head on my shoulder, leaning her weight into me. Her grip loosens and she passes out in my arms. I lay her back down to sleep.

"She's okay." Breaths Samuel, the jerk who was supposed to protect her. He walks over and runs his fingers along her cheek.

The door to the cottage bursts open and in sprints Wren, running right into Kory's open arms. To say I'm jealous is an understatement. The blonde guy in the far corner walks over to him, revealing who he is. I can see the anger and hurt in Kory's eyes, and I know my brother all too well.

He will deny his own wants and needs and allow Wren to go with the person who makes him happiest. That person is Bryan.

You can tell by the way they look at each other. The way they talk.

Wren then collapses. He falls into Kory's arms. They both fall to the ground together. Fear grips my heart. Wren throws himself out of Kory's arms and Bryan picks him up. I'm confused until I remember something about the famed assassin.

Wren can kill someone with a simple kiss.

He's protecting Kory. Bryan starts to strip Wren of his shirt at you can see the mass of scars that litter his body. Angel gasps and covers her mouth in horror. Wren lets out another scream of pain, this one louder. Tears fall from his eyes as her cries.

I can't believe this is the famous Death. This is the cool, calm, collected Wren I went to school with. Bryan leans down the an open wound on Wren's left bicep.

"No. No no no!" Wren cries out, frantically shaking his head no.

"It will help you." Bryan tells him.

"Don't." Angel and Kory say at the same time. Angel's voice is soft while Kory's is loud and demanding. I can't imagine what he's feeling right now.

"You have no idea what he's going through." Bryan growls at Kory. "Stop trying to help him in ways that will only hurt him." Kory takes a step towards Bryan, a hard glare set on his face, but Angel grabs his hand to stop him.

"He's in unimaginable pain right now, one he's trying to protect you from." Kory seeths back. I have never seen him like this. Angry at someone so much so that he growls.

Angel walks over to where Wren is, sweaty and breathing hard. His eyes are closed and scrunch up in pain every now and again.
~~~~~~~~~~
~Angel's POV~
I place my hand on Wren's forehead. The veins in my palm standing out as they turn a dark green. I understand now why he denies Kory and him what they both want. A light green light starts to glow from my hand.