Chapter 1

October 1 3:10 PM
                                      (You)
Just like that it was over. Finally we were set free from the school. I rush out to meet Alan by the front gate of the school. Even if he had practice he would do his best to hang out with me for at least a few minutes.

   As I approached the gate I noticed Hannah talking to her friends. Gossiping about how I don't constantly wear gu•ci probably. I didn't care. As long as I wasn't naked, I was cool with whatever.

   I meet Alan at our usual spot. As always he was talking to his friends and teammates. "Hey (Y/n)! You ready to go?"
"Yea I'm ready." I said happily. To ensure we looked like we were going somewhere we made a plan at lunch to make a small scene about us going to the movies.

      "Thanks for pulling through. Thought I'd actually have to do something with Hannah."
"No problem. She can be a handful."
"Tell me about it." We both laughed as we walked on the sidewalk.

     Alan ended up walking me home, which, luckily and unluckily, wasn't that far from his. He always was there when I needed him. But, I felt bad for Alan. Why, you ask? Because he's never good enough. At least in his parents eyes. Even when I'm over, his parents always seem to abuse him mentally. But he's here for me and I'm here for him. So I do my best to keep him out as long as possible. "Thanks for walking me Alan."
"It's no problem. Just gotta take my time walking home." As the last sentence comes out, I notice his whole demeanor change. I can see how scared and sad he is. We hug and I watch him walk away.

    I open the heavy door to my house. For some reason, it makes the strangest sound once opened that can be heard in almost every part of the house. This alerted my dog to the fact that I was home. I see her tiny body running towards me. Lilo is an all white deer head Chihuahua. A big brown dot on her back is the only color on her. "Hey Li. What's up?" I pick her up as she just stares at me stupidly.

I wonder if we have anything good in the fridge. No surprise to me, there's nothing. My mother is a secret agent for the CIA. My dad is a lawyer. I hardly see my mom but my dad's almost always home. Mom is on a mission in Puerto Rico. Dad is in court today so I have the whole house to myself until about 9:30, maybe later. I make a quick sandwich and head up to my room.

October 1 11:12 PM
  My dad still isn't home yet but it wasn't unusual for him to go to a bar and chill out so I never let it get to me. Lilo slept downstairs for the past couple nights. She hadn't been following me to bed like usual, which I thought was strange but I let her do her. Besides, she could sleep through a hurricane. I settled into bed and relaxed. Then I heard something. It was strange. Like a ticking. No, that's not it.

Tap

Tap

Tap

   Tapping? On my window? At basically midnight? On a second floor balcony? I sit up and it stops. Okay (Y/n), maybe ice cream wasn't a good idea for dinner. I convinced myself it was all of the sugar and I lied back down on my bed. Then I heard it again...

Tap

Tap

Tap

   I sit up again and it stops. I shake my head and tell myself again that it's because of the sugar. Then I hear the sliding door slide open. The pace of the person opening it was agonizingly slow. I jumped over to the ground on the other side of the bed and grabbed a gun, which my mom insisted I keep for safety, from between the bed and frame. Still a safety hazard mom I thought to myself.

    I get under my bed and try to see the persons feet. The only thing I see is an outline of their shoes because of the darkness. All I could tell was the color was a darker one. Judging by the size, I'd have to assume it was a male. He tracks in what I assume is mud. He had a gait that wasn't normal. It seemed more like a limp than a normal walk. I see him walk over to a bean bag in the corner of my room and he practically throws himself on it. He gives out a pained moan as if he just broke something. At this point I can see his converse shoes and black skinny jeans. Heh. A guy in skinny jeans. He's probably gay.

    Trying not to let the thought make me chuckle, I slip out to the opposite side of the bed. I'm able to take a quick glance at him. As I thought, it was a male. But he looked strange. His clothes were normal for a robber. A black jacket, gloves, blue shirt, and the two I mentioned before. But he wore a strange mask. It looked like blue but could easily have been black. There was also some sort of what I assumed to be black paint coming out of his eyes. He was concentrating on the left side of his waist. He was putting pressure on it and I assumed he was hurt.

   I was on the other side of the bed looking over my options. If he isn't hurt, he could kill me. If he is and i don't help, he could die. Or i can wait and see if he leaves. No. Too long. I have to make the decision right now. Darn you caring heart. With that I jump out with my gun in hand. I tried to mask the fear I felt and steeled myself so I wouldn't shake.

   As I stepped out I saw him jump. He lifted his hands to show he wasn't a threat. At least not yet. He slowly pointed to his waist. I turned the lamp on the side of my bed. He immediately hung his head down. "Why are you here?" He didn't answer. He just kept his head low. "Are you here to hurt me?" This time I get a response in the form of a shake. He shook his head from side to side. It is at this time that I notice something I didn't before. He was bleeding. His bloody hand print was on my sky blue bean bag. If it weren't for that I probably wouldn't have noticed. "Are you hurt?" He nodded.

I felt bad at this point. Even if he was a robber. "Don't move. I'll shoot you, I promise. I quickly ran into the bathroom and grabbed my first aid kit.

   When I came back he was still on the bag. I inched closer to him and showed him the bag. "I'm gonna lower my gun and help you, okay?" He shook his head violently at that and put his hand out telling me to stop. "Do you want to do it yourself?" He nodded yes and slowly got up. I tossed the first aid kit to his feet. He picked it up and quickly went into the bathroom.

11:30 PM

I was waiting by the door with my gun in my right hand. "Hey. I have a shirt if you want it. It's a large but it's better than a blood soaked one." I hear the door knob turn. The door only opens for a second as he pulls the shirt in.

    He walks out a minute later with the blue shirt in his hand and his black jacket over the one I gave him. Alright creepy. He limps over to the bean bag, once again hanging his head. I let him because I didn't want him near me. We sit there like that for a few minutes.

   At this time we hear a thud on the door. We look at each other as I go to open the door. Afraid it'll be another intruder I take my gun. My hand is on the knob as I slowly turn it. I fling the door open and feel a tiny being run between my leg. LILO!? She runs up to the boy in the corner and starts going wild. "Oh now you do something. After how long?" I swear she's useless sometimes.

  It's not until after the door is shut and I'm sitting down with my dog do I start to panic. Not because of the strange boy in my room. But because of a familiar sound.

                         The front door....