Chapter 6

October 6 9:56 AM
                                   (You)
  I wake up to the sun shining in my face. I can't tell what time it is but I don't want to wake up. I try closing my eyes for a bit but to no avail. I finally decided to get up.

    The first thing I do is sit up, still debating whether it was worth it or not. I ready myself to get up. I swing my legs over the bed but pull them back up when I step on something. I look over the edge and see Jack, or his arms and legs, popping out from under my bed, lying on the floor. What the hell. I don't feel like waking him up. Last time I did that he didn't have his mask on and tried to kill me. Wait. If Jack was here, was the hatch open? I get up quietly and make my way across the squeaky floor.

       I'm finally able to make it to the hatch. This is the moment of truth. I pulling the rope handle and.........nothing happened. Oh come on! How? I hear Jack stir under the bed and what sounded like him messing with something. He poked his head out of the bed with his mask on and just looked at me. "I'm not that stupid, princess." He lays his head down on the floor and holds out a small key on his finger and twirls it. His hair was a mess and dusted grey because of the dust under the bed. He was wearing sweats but still had his gloves and a hoodie on. I guess he never does take it off. "What were you doing under my bed?" I ask. "What? Are you afraid I might eat you?" He said sarcastically, chuckling as he did.
"Well, seeing you don't know how to make pancakes and the scenes the news lady described, I'd think you were some sort of cannibal. So, yea kinda."
"Oh." Was all he said.

   He got up after a few minutes of what I believe was him thinking. He went to the corner of the room and picked up a rope. I went up to him and stuck my hands out. Just play the part he wants you to (y/n). There was a small hole in the floor. I was surprised I hadn't noticed it before. He stuck a finger in it and lifted up a piece of the floor. A key hole? He stuck the key in and it opened. So that's how he did it. He proceeded to lead me down the ladder and into the morning routine we went.

     As usual I used the bathroom and washed my hands. I hadn't had a shower in a while because of the lack of clean clothes to put on and I was now able to smell myself. Out of desperation I took my shirt off and rubbed soap on me. I washed it off and dried my upper body with a spare towel I found under the sink. I came out to Jack looking over the balcony of the second floor. He still had the rope in his hand but his posture suggested he was thinking hard about something. He noticed me come out and turned around to face me. He sighed and then looked me in the eyes. "If I take this off, can I trust you?" He sounded sincere. This could be my chance. "Yes." He sighed again and untied my wrists. Just as I was about to thank him be bent down and tied one of my ankles with the rope. "Wow. Thanks. This totally looks like trust." I say sarcastically. He just shushes me and we walk to the living room again. He tells me to sit and while I do he ties the other end of the rope to the couch. He gives me a bowl of strawberries and a banana. This is probably the most normal 'meal' I've had since being here. "Here. I at least think I can trust you with choosing a channel." I roll my eyes. He totally 'trusted' me without a rope on my wrists.

I surf through everything and finally end up on inv•stigation discovery. I put it on and for some reason I find myself bored as hell. I used to love this channel. Maybe I've just seen every episode there is to watch. I leave it as background noise and get up. My rope was pretty long and allowed me into the kitchen and up to the window wall to the right of the couch. I think if I tried to crash through it Jack would kill me in a heartbeat. But I'm mostly grateful that it reached the downstairs bathroom.

I step into the kitchen and open the fridge. I could make a sandwich or maybe just eat a fruit. All of a sudden I'm not bored and lose the appetite I had just a minute ago. The whole time I could feel Jack staring at me. I walk over to the couch and relax. I just wanted to enjoy the 'freedom' of being out of the stuffy attic. I hear Jack get up and he goes upstairs.