Chapter 2

October 2 12:00
(You)
                   The front door....

        The sound echoed through the otherwise empty house. Lilo was already asleep again at the foot of my bed. I could hear my dad's footsteps coming up the stairs. His shoes clicking against the marble spiral staircase. I quickly shut off the lights in my room and turned the lamp off. The moonlight was the only thing allowing me to see. I get the gun and point to the closet. He understands and immediately gets up. He winces at the pain in his side but pushes through. I jump into bed and cover myself as Lilo walks over to my leg and plops down.

    I wait there a second to see if my dad would do his usual inspections of me, making sure I was sleeping. As usual he does. He walks to the bed and gives me a kiss on the forehead. He says something but I couldn't hear it over the blood pounding in my ear. As he shuts the door, I relax.

   I sit up and quietly walk to the closet. The boy was in a strange position. It's as if he was in the middle of adjusting himself when my dad walked in. If it weren't for the wound, I'd think it was funny that he was wheezing.

  I offer my hand and, to my surprise, he actually takes it. I help him out and lead him back to the bean bag. He lands on it with a slight thud. I go back to the bed and grab my gun. I also grab Lilo and put her on my lap as I sat across from the boy. "So, do you only answer to yes or no questions?" He nods. Okay. Gonna be slightly harder than I thought. "Okay," I say,unsure of what to ask, "were you stabbed?" He nods again. "Are you better now?"
He tilts his hand from side to side. Kind of, huh.

    I get the idea to get him a pad and pen. "There's a light on the balcony. I'd rather go out there because the light is less noticeable. Just in case my dad comes in." He gets up and I take the bloody bean bag with us as Lilo sticks to the boy.

   I turn the light on and we step outside. Luckily my parents are super private and enforced walls around the house which I am now grateful for. "What's your name?" He quickly writes his name. Another way you could tell he was male, his hand writing was hideous, but I could make it out. The paper said Jack. Jack? Such a simple name. "I'm
(Y/n)." I then asked how he go stabbed, but he didn't want to talk about it.

    As we were "talking" I noticed Lilo sniffing something on the railing of my balcony. It looked like a satchel almost. I got up and walked over to it. Jack then jumped up and fell to the floor, immediately regretting such a quick movement. I look at him and for the first time, we make eye contact. He lifted his face up and shook his head until it looked like it would fall off completely. He quickly limped over and grabbed the bag. He held it close to his chest and sat back down. I swear I could hear the slight clink of glass jars. He then scribbled a message on the pad.

"Please, never look in the bag. You said your name was (y/n), right? I don't want to ask this (y/n), but I need somewhere to stay. Only a night or two. No longer I promise. I don't have the strength to go back home right now."

    Ooooh no (y/n)! No no no. Final answer, no. You will shut him down so quick and tell him he can't stay. You will not let your guilt get a hold of you. Say no to this weird gu-"Only one to two nights. THAT'S IT MAN!" FUCK!

    The problem wasn't him staying so much as it was hiding him. Luckily my dad was passed out drunk so he wouldn't hear me moving my furniture.

When my parents built this house they let me design my own room. Big responsibility but I got creative. The second floor in my room had a secret door. I told the builders not to say anything and they didn't. Three years later, my parents still don't know. I led jack up the stairs, supporting him so he doesn't collapse. I show him the tiny door. He tilts his head perplexed; however, curious all the same.

   The room was small but enough to accommodate two people. "You can sleep on the floor and I can bring you a pillow and a blanket." I ended up bringing him two pillows and my favorite fluffy blanket. I tossed the stuff through the doorway and crawled through. I stood up and looked at him on the floor. "This is my favorite blanket. Please don't get it too dirty. Oh, and," I reached behind me, "two pillows." He nodded and I threw everything at him. "I have to get to sleep." As I crawled through the door I grabbed the key. "I'm sorry but we just met. I'm gonna lock you in." I quickly close it. Not 2 seconds later I hear a thud against the door. "I promise I'll open it in the morning. Please understand where I'm coming from Jack!" I whisper yell to him. I then hear footsteps on the other side. Less than thirty seconds later something slides under the door.
Slip
      "Fuck you" With a middle finger doodled on the side.
    "Classy, Jack."
Slip
    "I know. I understand. And I'm sorry. But still. Fuck you!"
     "Good night!" And with that I left him in that room. It was well ventilated so I didn't worry too much. "1:36?! I really need to get to bed.

12:00 PM
"Hey (Y/n). Didn't see you this morning."
"...Yeah."
"How were your classes? You look like ass. What's wrong?"

Flashback
    "I'm opening the door Jack!" As the door crept open I became extremely cautious. My guard lowered when I saw his sleeping figure. I could also see his mask right beside him. It's off... No. I'm going to respect his privacy. It's none of my business.
Look at his face.
  Okay. As I walk over to his face I see his skin. It's not normal. He's not white or black or anything I've ever seen. He was...gray? I panicked and bumped my foot against the wall. His eyes shot open. Or lack there of. He had no eyes! Ooooh I done fucked up now! I heard him growling. It almost sounds like when you try
to take a piece of steak from a big dog. He put his mask on and looked at me. I crawled out, shut the door and locked it behind me.
Thud!

     I move a dresser in front of it. Eventually he gave up on trying to break it down. I'm forced to got to school with what I just saw and tell no one.

End Flashback

    "I don't wanna talk about it."
"..Okay."
3:10
School ended and I walked home alone because Alan had practice.

    I got to my bedroom with Lilo finally following me up. I tell Jack through the door that I have to leave him in and that I would unlock the door tomorrow.
Slip
    "Bitch"
    "I'm sorry Jack."
Slip
    "Bitch"
"Good night Jack"