Chapter 5

October 5 10:27AM
                                    (You)
               I've been up for a while. I think Jack is still asleep seeing he hasn't come in to tell me anything or give me anything to eat. But now I'm really starting to have to use the bathroom again. I decided to just look out the window. I stared longingly outside, wishing for the freedom I had once.

             After a while I hear Jack coming up. He looks at me and holds the rope he used yesterday out. I sigh and stick my hands out for him to tie.

             When I'm done washing my hands I step out and Jack is waiting for me. He hands me a green apple and a chocolate bar. But instead of leading me towards the attic he leads me in the opposite direction. "Where are we going?"
"..." he doesn't answer. This is the first time I've seen this much of the house. It was beautiful, almost futuristic. All white except for designs on the wall that were black, gray, or marble and the furniture that was different colors. The stairs were unconnected platforms made of white marble that were protruding from the walls . It had a whole other feeling from the attic and hallway, which seemed more vintage. You'd think the whole house was like that.

      He leads me down the stairs and onto a couch just a few feet away and I sit. I noticed the kitchen was behind me. Maybe I can use something in there. Jack goes into the kitchen. While I'm sitting, the tv turns on. I turn around as Jack puts down the remote. The first thing that comes up is a woman with blonde hair in a formal suit.
"-at happened that night rattled the community." As she says this the camera cuts to my neighborhood. Crime scene tape surrounded about 4 houses that I recognized. But the last one made me panic. I drop the apple and hear it roll to an unknown location. It was my house on the screen. "Jack, what is this?"
"Just watch."
"Jack, you son of a bitch, if you did anything to my dad I sw-" I started to get up but immediately sat myself back down.
"Just. Watch."

   The woman goes on to describe the scenes in each house. Each was roughly the same. Entire families killed and gutted like fish. I began to worry about what had happened at my house.
"I'm here with Mr.(l/n) and a family friend, Alan. Can you tell everyone what happened?" My dad. He was alive! But he was strapped to a stretcher. Alan was standing by my dad, comforting him.
"A man in a mask killed them all! But he wasn't normal. His skin was grey and he had no eyes!His teeth looked like- like they belonged to a shark. And he...he took my daughter from me. I don't know where she is or even if she's alive." The camera then pans to Alan.

"(Y/n), if you're seeing this, know we love you and we'll do everything we can to find you." My heart shatters as he says this. I can feel the tears begin to well up. They load my dad into the ambulance, followed by Alan, and drive off. Guys...
"Witnesses who heard screaming say they saw a man in all black except for a mask that was blue. None, however, saw his face. His features and identity remain unknown. All residents in the area are advised to stay inside and lock their doors. This is Sandra Casi signing off. Back to you guys in the studio...."

"Wow. What a nightmare. Alright, thank you Sandra.We do have some information on the girl." A picture of me appears on the screen. "Her name is (F/n)
(L/n). (H/l) (h/c) hair. If you've seen this girl please call the police immediately. When we come back from the break, how much are people spending this month alone for trick or treating. We'll be right back." As it cuts to commercial the tv turns off and I am handed a bowl of cereal while a glass is placed beside me.

          I don't even want to look anywhere but ahead. I feel for the spoon, put the cereal in my mouth and start chewing. It felt and tasted like Fruit L•ops but it tasted...strange. I look down and I see the cereal floating in water. I'm confused as to what I was seeing. When I turn my head I see the glass Jack had put beside me. It was filled to the brim with milk. I took a look behind me and found Jack staring at me from the kitchen. "Do you not like Fruit L•ops?" He tilted his head the way an animal does when confused. "You realize that it's floating in water and you gave me a glass of milk on the side."
"Pfft. Yea, I just wanted to see if you would notice before you put in your mouth. April fools!"
"It's October."
"Are you going to eat it or not?"
"Ok, I will. Chill out. You know I still have the bar too?"
"I know all that." I was almost sure he was lying but I couldn't see his facial expressions.

October 5 9:01 pm
I guess not all of today sucked. I spent most of it outside of 'my' attic. I was able to mess around in the kitchen for a little while. I was also able to teach jack to make pancakes. I thought it was incredible how many times he managed to mess up. I was sitting on the couch watching (f/s). It was getting to the end of the episode and I began to feel tired. I closed my eyes but just as I dozed off, I could hear someone whispering. "Hey. You up?" Maybe if I pretend to sleep he'll leave me alone. I heard his footsteps walk away and I let myself drown all noise out. But I was abruptly awakened by a cold sensation on my face. Water! "What the hell Jack!"
"You we're asleep on my couch and I'm not about to carry someone as heavy as you up the stairs."
"I'm not that heavy." I mumble to myself.
"Sure. Whatever you say." He said. He tied the rope around my wrists and walked me back to the attic. Goodbye, closest to freedom I'll ever be.

I walked up the latter and was untied. The hatch was almost immediately closed and I was left alone once again. I decided I was too tired to care so flopped on my bed as I let myself drift away.

Dream
——————-
No! Stop! (Y/n), you're too close. Something big is coming. Something you don't understand. You need to play your cards right or there's almost no chance of you getting out alive. If you know what's good for you you'll follow ... Trust in all... You have to... (Y/n), you are what... Don't let go of that. Keep the ...to you close and let...you. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to speak through your dreams. Please remember what I've said. You're first encounter will be sometime this month. Run. Run away. Go. RUN! NOW (Y/N)! GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
———————-