Chaper 22

October 22nd 5:30 AM
                                  (You)
     I was finishing up my routine and getting ready to head out. Lilo hasn't been following me around like she usually does and is on the floor by the door, softly growling. "Oh shush," I whisper walking past her, "I could kick you like a football if I really wanted to. But I'm not going to because I'm so dang nice." I giggle as I grab my bag and throw it on my shoulder. I drink a glass of water before placing it in the sink and walking to the door. "Don't pee in the house dog." I say as I rub her head. I open the door and keep my eyes on the dog. "I love y-"
   "You two close?" a male voice says. Startled, I jump and turn. My face smacks into the chest of a boy.
   "Who the fu-" I look up. He looks so familiar. I find myself staring at his blue eyes and brown, short hair. I feel like I've seen him before.
   "Hey? Am I that beautiful?" he softly chuckles.
   "J-Jeff?" I question.
   "Took you long enough."
   "What are you— why are you here?"
   "What? I thought you'd be more welcoming."
   "As if." I say. It's only now that I realize that I'm still up against him and I push off. I begin to walk away when I hear his footsteps following mine.
   "Where do you think you're going?"
   "With you." he says, "To school."
   "Oh no you're not. You're going back where you came from."
   "No can do. Let's go." He wraps his arm around my waist and begins to lead me.
   "Okay first of all, school is that way." I point in the opposite direction. Jeff turns us around sharply.
   "And second?"
   "Second, don't wrap you arm around me." He takes his arm off and we begin to walk to school.

    7:20
  Five minutes. Five minutes and Jeff will be off to another class. He's not left my side and he's really starting to attract attention. As if the stars took pity, the bell finally rang and the flood of people made Jeff lose me. I race inside of my class and sit down.
   "What's up?" I hear Ben say.
   "Nothing. Just running from a creep."
   "Ah, those are fun." he smiles.
   "What?" I look at him with a surprised expression on my face.
   "Never mind!" he smiles.
   The bell rings and Ms.C goes to the front of the classroom. She fixes her black pencil skirt and throws on a half-assed smile. She hates her job. I can't help but snicker. She opens her mouth to speak but before she can, the same boy from earlier bursts through the door. The first thing everyone sees is his foot, followed by the rest of his body. His smile is wide and he takes a seat next to me. Oh god, please no.
   "Right." Ms.C says, clearly annoyed. "Class, this is Jeffrey Woods. He is one of two new students. Jeffrey, I trust you won't be too much of a problem."
   "Nope." he says bluntly.
   "Good. Now where's the other one? It was a boy and a girl."
   "Here." A soft voice comes from the back of the class.
   "Oh. Yes. Lou, correct?" Ms.C says.
   "Yes." she answers. Her hair isn't quite black, but still very dark. Her eyes are brown and she wears rectangular glasses. Her posture is proper and suits the pleated skirt and button up shirt she wears.
   "Okay," Ms.C says, "now open your books to 298."

8:00
   "(Y/n)!" Jeff whispers.
   "(Y/n)!" Ben follows. They've been going back and forth for 15 minuets now, giggling as the other says my name.
   "What. The hell. Do you guys want!" I whisper at them. They both sit back in their chairs and act like nothing happened. I look back at my desk and try to get back to what I was doing.
   "(Y/n)?" I hear Jeff whisper.
   "Yes?" I sigh.
   "Jack is pretty pissed. He came to the mansion and blew up on Toby. You should've seen it. It was great." he snickers. I remember Toby and the look he had before I went through the portal. I kind of miss him. I assume Jeff sees the look on my face because of what he says next.
   "He's fine though. Just a scratch." I look at him and his expression softens. He doesn't speak for the rest of the period.

   As luck would have it, I had Jeff in every period. The new girl, Lou I believe, had most of them but not all. She's quiet and doesn't say much and it's kind of intriguing.

    3:00 PM
  The bell rings and I walk out of the class. Jeff and Helen walk beside me and soon, Ben. They walk with me out the school.
On the way home, we pass by a (favorite fast food) and Jeff yells, "Oh my God yes! Let's go! I'm fuckin starving!" Ben and Helen follow him but I continue to walk.
   "Where ya goin?" Ben asks.
   "Home. I don't have money." I say, making an excuse.
   "I'll buy it for you." Helen says. He takes my wrist and drags me to the door.
   Jeff and Ben order and go to chose a table, leaving Helen and I in line. I can hear the two boys goofing off from where I stand. Helen shakes his head and begins to order. After I order, we walk and sit with the other two. Jeff and Ben whisper to each other and look at me.
   "What?" I ask.
   "Would you rather," Ben starts, "give me or Jeff your number?"
   "Death." I respond.
   "Oh c'mon (Y/n). We're not that bad." Jeff cuts in.
   "Oh yes you are."
   "Oof." Ben says and smiles.
   Surprisingly, eating lunch with a lunatic, and idiot, and a silent psycho isn't boring. They each whispered how they came to be and let me know more about them and how they knew each other.
  We all get up and I offer to take the trash. I walk away and I see a familiar face. Lou? The girl from class sits quietly in the corner reading. She sits with the same posture and elegance as before. She pays no mind to anyone and keeps her eyes on her book. I give a hmm and walk back. We leave the restaurant and they take me home.
   "(Y/n), please. We don't want to go home. Can't we stay with you?" Jeff begs.
   "No. It's Monday. Go away!" I slam the door in his face and lock it. Finally. Peace.

11:01
"Hehehehe.... (Y/n)~"
I bolt up. I was definitely awake that time. Lilo is up and growls at my phone. I begin to hear rustling on my balcony. Not this again. Anything but this. I look at the balcony and out the sliding door. Everything is still for what feels like forever.
  Bam!
    "Ahh!" My heart races and I scream. I take a close look at what is before me. "Jeffrey!" I yell as my face turns red. I get up quickly and go up to the door. His body is pressed against the door and his voice has a sad tone.
    "Open the door!" he yells as if the glass is soundproof. He points to the lock.
   "No!" I shake my head with a neutral look on my face.
   "Please?" he looks with pleading eyes and bangs on the door. My parents had recently installed a security system so I felt extremely safe. I shake my head again and I walk to the bed.
   "You have one more chance to do this willingly!" Jeff yells.
   "Okay Jeff. Okay." I turn over and close my eyes.
Beep beep.
    What? I turn and Jeff is halfway into my room. "How did you—"
    "What's up baby?" An arm wraps around me and I recognize the voice.
   "Ben?"
   "Yes?"
   "How are you both—"
   "Hey." Helen pops in.
   "How are you three even in here?" I ask. Ben then disappears, and practically dissolves, into my phone. I watch in amazement.
   "It's a talent really." Ben reappears but from the number pad next to the sliding door. I sigh and flop on my bed.
    "Why won't you leave me alone?"
    "It's a sleepover (Y/n), relax." Jeff says.
     "They won't do anything, I'll make sure if it." Helen says. He reassures me by placing a hand on my shoulder. I feel at ease and relax under his touch.
    "Fine. Just, please keep it down." I say. Ben and Jeff have already begun a pillow fort. They pause and look at me like they're both deer and I'm the headlights approaching them. They nod aggressively and continue their business.
   "Do you have an extra pillow?" Helen asks.
   "Yea, go up the stairs and they should be there if you look."
    He comes down and sets up an area by me. Jeff and Ben have retreated into the fort and there is no noise so I assume they're asleep. I close my eyes and let the darkness overcome me.