Chapter 13

October 13 3:30 AM
                                      (You)
———————
(Y/n). It's about time I introduce myself to you. There's so much you need to know. I will be before you in only minutes. All I ask is that you show no fear. I'm only here to help you and explain everything for you. Wake up.
————————

My eyes open slowly to the clock in front of me. 3:33 AM? I sit up and remember my dream. On que, a figure emerged from the dark corner of my room. Unlike the presence from the other night, this one makes me calm and safe. The only thing to cause me any discomfort is a slight static in my head. "Hello child." It says. It has no face and it's mouth never moves yet, it seems to almost smile. The figure walks towards me and, recalling my dream, I steel myself. As I watch, it approaches me slowly and sits on the farthest corner of my bed. "Come here child." He says smoothly, offering his hand. He waits patiently as I make my decision mentally. I took his hand and he gently guided me next to him. "My name is Slender Man but you may call me by just Slender." Again, his voice is as comforting as ever. "There is a lot we need to discuss." I look at him confused. He gives a hmm of amusement and settles in. "Do you remember when you first started dreaming of a voice telling you to run from something?"
"Yes," I say, "it was you. I recognize the voice now."
"Well, partially. I've only spoken with you about once. I had tried to reach out to you prior but I could only relay the single, very weak, message. I suppose now is a good time to tell you about the prophecy."
A prophecy? I think to myself.
"Yes. It involves you." When he says this, my curiosity peaks. "You see, many moons ago, a woman had been lost in the woods. Woods not too far from here in fact. It is said that as she neared death, a figure approached her, a demon. He admired her beauty so much that he assisted her. He was so in love that, only days later, they married. The party lasted days and he gave her everything she wanted. But, she was a devious woman and one night, she left his world and never returned. It was when she came back to the human realm that she realized she had made a mistake. She found out that she had been impregnated. She found someone that could pose as the child's father and months later, she gave birth to a beautiful baby and passed it off as the human man's child. It's said she grew up with the things her mother had taken from the demon himself. When the demon came to this world he demanded his child be returned so he could raise her to become a killer. When the woman refused he threatened to kill the child. Fearing for her baby, she baptized it and the demon had never shown its face since. Now here's where we get interesting. It's said that an unfortunate event would cause her to be separated from her family and make her vulnerable to any attack. And, umm," he stops, "you wouldn't want to know every single detail, would you?"
"Of course!"
"Well, don't be upset when you find out something you didn't want to know. Anyways, the girl would be thrown into a new world. Attack's would now come to her friends and family and she will be betrayed by one she trusts most and be protected by the one she trusts the least. A war is to come and the girl is to lead it." He then gets up and stands in front of me.
"What happens next?" I ask.
"That is a question that I don't have the answer to. No one knows how it ends. We just need to let time run it's course and hope for the best." He says.
"And let me guess," I say as I sit on my bed, "I'm the child?"
"It would appear that way, wouldn't it?"
I hang my head in response.
"Granted, this prophecy has never been confirmed and this could all just be a major coincidence. But you've already had your first encounter with him though, so again, it all depends on time child. I need you to trust them."
"Who?" I question, though I think I know the answer.
"Toby, Masky, Hoodie, and even Jack. I know it's hard but they know what they're doing. Even if they seem dim witted." I laugh.
   "It's time you rest child." He says in a gentle tone.
"But I'm already up."
"Yes, but you must. Now, sleep."
As he says that, everything goes dark.

9:10 AM
     When I wake, I'm greeted my two big goggles and some non-burnt waffles. I have to admit, Toby's waffles aren't bad when they're not burnt. Masky and the other boy, Hoodie, enter calmly to check in. Once I finish the waffles Toby drags me out of bed and downstairs. Hoodie grabs a cheese cake from the fridge and shared it with Masky. Jack came down and joined me and Toby on the couch. As the afternoon comes Toby convinced us all to step outside for a bit. We end up on the roof that was illuminated by both Christmas lights and lights from the bar. Hoodie makes hot chocolate for Toby, me, and himself. Masky then takes initiative at the bar and makes two old fashioned's for him and Jack. This is the first time in weeks that I've felt normal. The three new boys surround me and while I hadn't seen them without their masks, I'd like to think they were normal. Jack removed his mask for tonight, to my complete surprise. When I asked him about it he said that it just felt right at the time. Me and Toby sit next to each other and share a large blanket. He reminds me of Alan in a way. I feel like I can trust him. Toby looks away for a second and his cheerful smile turns into a sad one and then, pity. He reaches over the couch we sit on and grabs another blanket. I hold my cup and look at him questioningly. He then whispers a message in my ear. I look over at Jack and then back at Toby. I take the blanket and pat his head. I walk over to Jack as he sits on a porch swing. Well, more of a roof swing. He looks up at me confused.
"Hold my cup." I say, not really giving him an option. I open up the blanket and drape it over his shoulders. I sit down and place his arm around my shoulder as I lean against him. I take my cup from his hands and he just looks at me in shock. I laugh along with Toby and Masky and Hoodie also join in. After a few minutes we all returned back to talking and being ridiculous. I don't quite know how but the hot chocolate calmed me and when I finished the cup I began to doze off. Warm under the blanket, I feel the empty cup being pulled from my hand. I faintly hear the voices of the boys as they tease someone but I'm too tired to care who. Then, it's as if I've been lifted and am now pressed against someone's chest. Moments later, I recognize the scent of my room as I'm placed on the bed. The last voice I hear is Jacks' as he says goodnight. I get a weird sensation on my forehead, as if something soft was just pressed against it but I brush it off as my tiredness. The last sound to reach my ears was the door closing. And then, all was still.