Day 53

"Honey?"

I didn't answer. Underneath my covers, my grip tightened on the handle of the knife.

"I found it."

Found what?

"This is the blue hoodie you wanted right?"

My head snapped up and I stared at my mom who held up the blue hoodie in her hands.

I crawled off the bed and scrambled for the hoodie, snatching it from her and burying my face in the hoodie. I inhaled deeply.

The scent was fainter, but still there.

The scent of oranges.

"This is the right one, right?" My mom touches my shoulder briefly. "I was hunting it down yesterday."

"Yes, thank you," I choked out.

The moment my mom left, I wasted no time to put it on.

To reach you.

I found myself in a wide-open room. White walls reached from the wooden floor to the tiled ceiling. One wall, though, was purely a mirror.

And there you were, dancing in front of the mirror.

You wore an oversized white shirt and tight black pants. Your moves were fluid and filled with emotion as you danced to the music playing. You were like water. Smooth, clear, able to meld into any shape with such grace.

It took you some time before you noticed me.

But when you did, you wasted no time to run over to me.

It was just you and I in a large dance practice room.

I was surprised when you enveloped me in a hug.

Did you miss me that much?

"You didn't come for a few days, I was so worried for you," you said breathlessly in my ear.

Sweat trickled down you temple, winking at me with light, and your hard chest pressed to mine was moving up and down heavily. I felt safe in your arms and closed my eyes, letting your strong arms defend me from the world.

I could almost imagine that the cancer in me had fled my body for an instant as well as your arms embraced me; that it couldn't touch my body because you were touching it.

We finally broke apart as footsteps sounded outside the door.

"Jimin?" A male voice called out. "Are you done? Can I come in?"

You pressed his lips to my ear. "Promise me to come back. Don't leave me hanging for a few days like that again."

I nodded, memorizing the feeling of your soft breath caressing my jaw.

You reluctantly stepped back from me and turned towards the door. "Yeah, I'm done."

I whisked off the hoodie before the door opened.

I don't know when I exactly started loving you. I just knew that I was starting to fall for you that day.

I fell hard.

We both did.

We both fell hard to our doom with fingers held together.