Day 3

"Whatever you do, don't open this door," I warned the nurse for the fiftieth time.

The nurse laughed, though her face was etched with concern. "Very well. But if you take any longer than an half an hour, I have legal permission to enter to ensure your life is not at risk."

"Don't worry, if I start drowning in the toilet you'll definitely know," I muttered.

The nurse shook her head and helped me into the bathroom before closing it.

I reached over and locked it softly.

I clutched the blue hoodie in my hands and took a deep breath before slipping it on with effort.

I found myself sitting on the rooftop of some place.

It appeared to be a business building of some sort and the city spread below.

My eyes landed on you.

You were leaning on the rail of the rooftop, letting the setting sun bathe your face in a golden glow and the wind ruffle your hair. Your eyes were closed and you had earbuds in as you listened to music. Your back turned to me.

"Jimin," I staggered up, my knees immediately becoming weak at the effort and my stomach stabbed me with agony.

I gritted my teeth though and half stumbled, half fell onto you.

You jumped in shock at my touch, and then your eyes widened even more when I collapsed on the ground panting.

You yanked out your earbuds and knelt beside me and helped me up.

"What happened?" You demanded, worry mapping lines on your face. "I thought... no, I don't know...."

"You listen to me, Park Jimin," I said, struggling to speak above whisper. "Just listen."

You pulled me onto your lap and began to stroke my hair gently.

I'd missed your touches.

"This... this is the last time I'll ever see you."

Your hands froze. "What?" You asked, horrified.

"I'm sorry," I gave a weak laugh. "I just... I'm too weak to put on your hoodie anymore."

"No, baby, no," you grasped my thin wrists tightly. "It's not over yet. I'll be there by your side until the very end. Where are you, right now?"

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked, ignoring your question.

You didn't know.

You probably still don't do you, Park Jimin?

"Baby...." You pressed my hand onto your lips.

Soft like a rose petal.

"I used to be involved in gymnastics," I started to speak, the words flowing out of me. I couldn't stop. "I was top in my class until when I was ten and my father left us. I lost my motivation to pursue gymnastics and I became more reserved. I didn't have many friends at all. Not even one best friend. Sure, the occasional friendly classmate. I have a brother, did you know? He's almost like my dad though. Always detached from the family. But he cares for me and now, I see him every day. My favorite food is chocolate; my favorite color is-"

"Chocolate doesn't count as food," you choked out, laughing a tiny bit. "That's a dessert."

"It's food," I frowned.

"Fine, whatever you say baby," you pressed your mouth against the top of my head. "I wished you'd told me you did gymnastics earlier," you sighed. "I would've loved to see you doing some moves."

I didn't point out the fact that I probably would've really pissed off the tumor on my pancreas if I started doing flips and cartwheels.

"Tell me more," you said, shifting to better settle me in your lap.

"My favorite color is blue, like this hoodie," I tugged at the hoodie. "I'd been to the ocean only once before you took me there yourself. I certainly had never been to Costa Rica."

"I wish we'd done more together there," you exhaled.

I tapped your chest. "No regrets, remember?"

"Right," you smiled, though I could see you were forcing it a little. "I kissed you in Costa Rica, so no regrets."

"You did more than that in the dance room," I muttered.

"No regrets, remember?" you replied, snarky with that wicked smile.

"Jimin, your family...?" I trailed off, eyes searching his.

"My mom's filed a divorce," Jimin said softly. "She's also taken legal actions against my dad to ensure he can't harm the family. She's a strong woman."

"It's hard at first," I said quietly. "But you're strong. I know that. Don't give in, whatever you do, Park Jimin. You're smart, amazing, and talented. Don't let it go to waste. Don't waste a single moment of your life."

I broke off, coughing.

Your arms around me tightened. "I won't, baby, you know that," you said in a low voice. "I promise you."

Your last promise to me.

Are you keeping that promise, Park Jimin?

I was fading that day in your arms just like the sunlight faded from the sky into night. I asked you to sing to me when you said you had hopes to perhaps get into singing as well as dancing soon.

You sang.

Your voice was that of an angel.

The sound of a broken angel.

Beautiful, but filled with sorrow and love.

Even the sounds of the city seemed to quiet when you sang, as if to listen. Or perhaps it was I who had blocked out the sounds of the city to listen to you. And finally, right before I took off the hoodie, you kissed me.

We kissed and it tasted like oranges and tears.

That was the last day I had with you, Park Jimin.

The last day we were together.

No regrets.