Day 42

You were drinking when I finally came back.

The first thing I noticed when I tried to grasp my new surroundings was the reek of cigarettes and alcohol.

I choked and gagged a little.

This new room had so many black lights, causing the whole room to have an eerie feeling. Many people milled around, laughing boisterously and staggering around.

I was in some club.

I coughed some more as smoke lay heavily in the room, giving a hazy aura around the room.

I couldn't find you.

I know you regret what happened that night.

I regret it too.

I thought I saw someone like you and ran over. But when I placed my hand upon the person's shoulder, it was not you.

This man was the same age as you perhaps, but his features were harder. Brutish. Menacing.

I backed away, but he grabbed me before I could escape.

An ugly grin spread across his mouth.

"We got an underage who got in!" He hollered happily.

"Please let go," I said quietly, trying to escape him.

Instead he trapped me even more in his arms. I began to panic.

Where were you?

He began to grope me, too, and I began to scream.

There you were.

I caught sight of your face just as the man touching me was yanked back viciously.

Then you were there.

Holding a bottle of beer in one hand, the other, wrapped around me protectively. You staggered a little, though. You were drunk. Not too drunk, but still drunk all the same.

You told the man to 'fuck off' and then turned to me with a drawling grin. "Heyo, baby. Finally came to see me huh?"

"Jimin, you're drunk," I told you quietly.

You just shrugged and drank even more.

I couldn't take it.

This wasn't the gentle, kind, and warm Jimin I had met. You were acting too much of a stupid man when all I wanted was that young teenager to comfort me and protect me.

I grabbed the bottle from your hands and smashed it on the ground.

You frowned.

Do you remember your next words?

I do.

They're seared in my brain.

"Geez, baby, now why'd you have to do that? Get lost will you?"