Day End

Jimin closed the notebook softly in his hands.

His eyes fluttered closed and tears spilled down his cheeks silently.

He'd seen her only five days ago last.

On the rooftop.

But she'd died a year ago from this day.

October 3, 2017 at 9:02 PM after going into a coma for two hours.

He still remembered waiting excitedly at the bus stop, adrenaline pumping through him as his mother and him waited for her arrival. He was finally going to meet her.

Now he knew why she never showed up.

And he now remembered the bus stop incident as well.

A year ago when he was walking home from one of his friend's house. At that time, the girl seemed much older. She had short hair, yellowish skin and eyes, and honestly, it sort of freaked him out a bit.

Now he would do anything to go back to that time and enwrap her in his arms. Kiss her.

No regrets, he scolded himself. That's what she kept saying in the journal near the end. No regrets.

He remembered the first time she ever appeared. He thought he'd been dreaming or she was some sort of angel. One minute she wasn't there, the next she was. Same when she left. One minute she was there, the next she was gone.

Now she was gone for good.

Your last promise to me.

Are you keeping that promise, Park Jimin?

Jimin smiled sadly out the window where only a few stars could be seen from the glow of the city. "I'll always keep my promise, baby," he whispered.

He swore he saw one star wink back.