Day 22

I appeared as you were eating breakfast.

You looked exhausted and you were robotically munching on the toast.

The kitchen counter you ate at was wide and clean, made of granite, and the house itself was huge

And empty.

I snuck up behind you and then threw my arms around you in surprise.

You cursed and accidentally connected your elbow to my face.

"Ow!" I yelped and staggered back.

"Dammit, baby, I'm sorry!" You wrapped me up in your arms and cradled my face in your hands. "You shouldn't have scared me."

I just started to laugh and you stared at me incredulity.

"You've gone nuts," you muttered. Then you leaned forward and kissed me right where you'd elbowed me. "I'm going to get some ice, okay?"

I nodded and watched as you hurried to the kitchen for to grab an ice pack.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, looking over his shoulder.

I shook my head and crossed over to where you stood.

"The transplant?" You leaned forward hopefully.

I took the bag of ice and pressed it to my sore cheek. I forced a smile. "My body rejected it," the words came out softer than I intended.

Your eyes fluttered close for a few seconds and I think your breath hitched a tiny bit.

"It's okay, though," I gripped your shoulders to make you open your eyes and look at me. "I'm glad that we tried at least. It didn't work, so now, I know I can live myself out without any fear."

"Baby," you took off my hands from your shoulders and interlaced our fingers.

"I don't want to go without any regrets," I continued to smiled. "I want to dance with you through the last few things life throws at me. Matching my steps with yours. Live my last few days with everything I've got."

You finally smiled back. "Okay, baby."

"But first," I stepped back quickly. "Who the hell was that girl back in Costa Rica?"

You snorted. "She was just that: a girl back in Costa Rica. Her family and mine went on a small boat excursion together and she began to flirt with me."

"You didn't... do anything with her?" I asked hesitantly.

You shook your head. "I wouldn't do anything with anyone else," you declared. You squeezed your hands with mine. "Not when my heart belongs to someone else."

I didn't ask you this question aloud.

But inside me I did.

What will you do when I die, Park Jimin?

Will you still love me?

Or will you forget about me?