Chapter 9

Theo's POV:

When I get back to the house everyone else is home. Except one loud little girl.

"Where's V?"

"We dropped her off at a daycare her school is hosting". Alex says

"I know we all love Violet, but we needed a break".

I nod. James is sitting on the floor trying to do some type of schoolwork, Alex is laying on the couch staring at the ceiling. I join James on the floor and pull out a packet my teacher assigned us to do. The good part about not having anything, is that you don't have anything to use to procrastinate. After a few hours, we've run out of homework to do so we're all just sitting around doing absolutely nothing. When we are about to go and pick up Violet, we hear a car pull into the driveway. We all look at eachother with round eyes.

"Who is it?" James whispers

"I don't know let me turn on my fucking x-ray vision" Alex whispers back, he crawls to the window and looks out.

"Shit, it's the cops"

We all pop up, grab our school bags and the few other items we have and escape out the back door. We wait until the cop walks inside, then we sprint down the block to where we park the truck.

"Drive around. Just to make sure, then we'll go get Violet" James says looking out the window trying to see if the cop followed us. We drive around for about 10 minutes, taking odd turns just to make sure no one is tailing us.

"Let's go get Violet"

I nod and do a u-turn to head back to the elementary school.

"You do realise after school care ends at 6 p.m, right?"

The woman looks the three of us up and down.

"Yes ma'am we do, but momma got held up at work, and we had practice" James plasters a grin on his face, trying to win her over with charm. She twists her mouth to the side and gives us a disapproving look.

"Just don't let it happen again"

"Of course" Alex takes Violet's hand and leads her to the car outside

"Teo? Where we going?"

I look at the guys through the mirror, because I don't have a clue.

"Uhh, we're gonna go to the park, so you can play around for awhile"

She squeals in happiness, and talks about the playground at her school and her favorite subject in school. As she rambles I try to figure out what to do, we can't go back to the house. We got caught, who knows what would have happened if we were asleep when that cop showed up. I park the truck and everyone climbs out, Violet immediately takes off for the huge playset. Alex, James, and I sit on the bench and watch her play.

"What are we gonna do?" I put my head in my hands

"Can we afford a cheap hotel?" Alex asks

"Maybe for a little bit, but we only have one car."

"What's that got to do with it?" Alex looks at James

"Our jobs were walking distance from the house, the nearest hotel is in town...Thats a long ass walk" James shakes his head looking back towards Violet whos made a friend and is now running around, in their own imaginary world.

"Do we know anyone who will take us all in?" Alex asks

We think in silence for a minute. The first person who pops into my mind is Georgia, but I don't wanna bring her into my shit.

"Nope" James and I say

"Well boys, I think our luck has finally run out". Alex sighs, setting his head back onto his hands.

Georgia's POV:

"Kids?"

"Ma!" we all jump up from the couch and rush her at the door, pulling her into a group hug. She laughs and hugs us back. When we step away she looks at us and smiles.

"Wow, you kids grew, I was only gone for a couple months"

We smile, and lead her to the couch so we can talk.

"So...how long are you staying?" I ask

"Well, that's what I wanted to tell you kids. I'm staying here for a long time, I have a few things that I want to work on around here in town, so I don't need to travel, and I missed my babies".

We talk about the new school year, about the annoying woman at the daycare who gives us crap, about some the new horses that were boarded, and some of the new students. I look at Memphis and Dakota wondering if we should tell mom about our new half-brother.

"Dad had another kid!" Memphis blurts

Dakota and I just shake our heads, leave it to Memphis to say things in the worst way possible.

"Yep, I know, he called me telling me he wanted to stop by and tell you kids, then he got pissed when I told him i'll start filing the adoption papers now". She shrugs. We look at her, mouths hanging open.

"What?"

We all laugh.

Its later on in the night almost 10 o'clock and we are all still sitting on the couch, laughing and joking.

"So how's the new worker? I forgot to ask earlier."

"He's cool" I say

Dakota and Memphis nod in agreement, then Memphis grins devilishly

"I think Georgia likes him a little more" he winks at me

"Shut up" I shoot him, what I hope is an evil glare. Thankfully Mom just raises an eyebrow at me and checks her watch.

"Is Emily in bed?"

I nod. Memphis's phone rings loudly startling all of us. He grabs his phone and looks down at it, reading the message. All the playfulness is off his face, instead now he looks...worried? He shows the phone to Dakota, who has the same reaction.

"uh..Ma we'll me back soon. We're gonna go meet up with some friends real quick."

Mom just nods, trusting them.

"Wanna watch a movie with me Georgia?"

I sit down next to her and she lets me pick the movie.