Chapter 25

Georgia's POV:

"Why is mom at the office? And what is she holding?" Memphis leans forward in the passenger seat of the car squinting trying to see.Memphis is in the bed of the truck because we had to pick Emily and Violet up from the elementary school. School sucked if you were wondering, the only thing I've started to look forward to is lunch and fourth period. This makes my other three periods go by painfully slow.

"Is that a baby?"

I look at mom, she's definitely carrying something small. Maybe it's one of the puppies? She has taken a liking to all of them. We get a little closer and I know it's not a puppy.

"Oh my god. That's Jax". I cover my mouth at how small he looks from the car. He can not be healthy.

"Can't be, that baby is too little to be...holy shit, thats Jax". Dakota parks the car and we all climb out, I grab Emily and Memphis helps Violet out. Theo, Alex, and James should be coming soon, they had to do something after school.

"Mom? What's going on?"

"His mom just sped up to the office, she knocked on the door dropped him on the step and by the time I got out here, she was already gone". Mom looks down at Jax, he looks really sickly, skinny and pale. So much different from how he was only a few weeks ago.

"Let's go back to the house".

Once we got back to the house, we made some food for Jax, mom thinks he's still on formula so she made Memphis run and get some from the store. Jax sucked the formula down and he looks slightly better than he did a couple minutes ago.

"She just left him?" Theo looks up at me. He's sitting down on the floor with Jax asleep in his arms, while I'm on the couch.

"That's what mom said".

"What are y'all gonna do with him?" James asks.

"No clue". Dakota runs his hand through his hair.

"I think mom is probably gonna take him in, she has a habit of taking in children". Memphis grins, trying to lighten the mood.

"Ey, we're not children! We're moody teenagers and one toddler". Alex jokes right back.

"Oh yeah so much better".

"Violet's not a toddler, shes five". Theo glances at Alex, but quickly looks back at Jax.

"I wasn't talking about V". Alex pauses because he cant stop laughing.

"I was talking about you". Alex finishes, bursting into even more laughter.

"Hahaha your so freaking funny". Theo rolls his eyes.

The boys left a few minutes ago, Violet begged to stay so her and Emily could have a sleepover so she's upstairs in Emily's room. We also set up Emily's old play pen so Jax could sleep in it tonight. Memphis, Dakota and I are about to head upstairs when my phone starts ringing loudly.

"Who the hell is calling you this late at night?" Memphis raises an eyebrow at me, I roll my eyes and look at the caller ID.

"Its Theo?"

"Georgia! Turn on the news your gonna wanna see this". Theo says right when I answer the phone. I follow directions and turn on the news.

"Y'all come in here". Mom, Memphis, Kota, and I all crowd around our tv.

On the news they show pictures of a car that has smashed into a tree, the banner on the bottom reads, One Woman Found Dead in Deadly Car Crash.

"Oh my god, Theo that's not-" the newscaster starts talking before I can finish asking Theo.

"Police believe the woman to be in her early twenties, as stated before she did not make it. Medics say she died on impact. The blood test results say that she was drunk and also had different types of opioids in her system".

"Holy shit". Memphis whispers when more pictures of the crash pop up on the screen.

"Georgia? Are you still there?" Theo's voice asks me from my phone.

"Yeah, i'm here".

"Wanna meet?"

"Do you mind?"

"Course not. I'll meet you outside your house".

I hang up with Theo and turn to Memphis and Dakota who are still staring at the screen, even though mom has turned the TV off.

"I have a few phone calls to make, Georgia if your going out be back before midnight please, same to you boys". Mom leaves the living room and heads upstairs to her bedroom.

"Who do you think she's calling?" Memphis asks

"No clue...maybe she's trying to keep Jax, so he doesnt go into foster care". Dakota crosses his fingers then uncrosses them.

"I'll see you guys later". I stand from the couch and grab my coat from the couch, I haven't even changed out of my school clothes and it's almost 9 at night. When I open the front door, Theo is walking up the pathway.

Theo's POV:

"Hey". I open my arms up and Georgia crashes into them without a second thought.

"What if he had been in the car Theo? Jax would have been dead, had she not dropped him off". She buries her head into my big winter jacket.

"Don't think like that, Jax is alive and well. It sucks that his real mom is dead, but everyone knows he's better off with y'all". When Georgia pulls away a few minutes later I take her hand and start walking.

"Where are we going?"

"I dunno". She laughs at me but continues walking with me.

"So how was school?" I cringe at how I chose to break the silence between us. Georgia looks at me out of the corner of her eye and laughs when she sees me cringe.

"It was pretty crappy honestly".

"And what made it like that?" I look at her worriedly, hoping those girls were still staying off her back and not bullying her. Ever since she told her brothers, she said the girls have not messed with her and they even stopped showing up for horse lessons.

"It's just boring". She shrugs, lifting our intertwined hands when she does.

"Yeah, I can definitely agree with that". Without even noticing it, we walked to the barns, but instead of stopping, we both continue walking towards the office.

"My dad was put in jail a few days ago..." Georgia won't look at me. I stay quiet, letting her take the lead.

"I don't know if im happy or mad...I mean I shouldn't be happy right? But if he's in jail..I know he's safe and that he won't be drunk constantly..." Georgia drifts off, deep in thought.

"Come on Georgie, let's go back. You need sleep, it's been a rough couple of days on you". I tug her hand and lead her back to the houses, now that I look at her she looks exhausted. She doesn't fight, instead just follows me. When we get back to her house we sit on the porch watching the lightning bugs light up the whole field. Georgia has her head resting on my shoulder, and she's lazily messing with my hair.

"Theo?"

"Mhmm?"

When I look down, Georgia presses her lips to mine, when she tries to draw back, I pick her up and set her on my lap, deepening the kiss. I let my tongue dance along her lower lip, and she gasps allowing me access to explore more. When she pulls back for air, I plant feather light kisses along her neck.

"Fucking gross! Nope, I need to go and replace my eyes". Georgia and I jump apart and watch as Memphis walks back inside. Georgia laughs and looks back to me, eyes back to their normal sparkle.

"Goodnight Theodore". She whispers into my ear, then she hops off my lap and heads inside. When the door closes behind her, I groan and scrub my face with both my hands. Why do people always feel the need to walk in, right when things are getting good.