Chapter 22

Theo's POV:

"3"

"2"

"1"

"HAPPY NEW YEARS!"

We all watch from outside as everyone goes crazy inside the house. When we saw how many people had crowded into the house, we all decided to stay out here. I wanted to kiss Georgia...but I feel like her brothers would throw me into the fire.

"Alright imma go find mom". Memphis stands up.

"I'm gonna go check the barns". Dakota leaves, Alison says she has to get home, the last people there are Alex and James.

"We're, uh, we're gonna grab V and go home".

Finally alone.

"Happy new years Georgia". She smiles as I lean in. It's gonna be a great year.

"I don't wanna go back to school". Alex throws his bag in the bed of the truck. I don't think anyone does, even Violet threw a tantrum about waking up and going to school this morning.

"To bad. Get in, we're gonna be late. Like always". James is definitely not a morning person. When we get to the school the bell is ringing, but Georgia and Alison are on the front step. I notice a car in the parking lot that looks familiar, but I throw it off and head to Georgia.

"Your gonna be late".

"Well hello to you too, Theodore". She smiles, I told her my full name a couple days ago and I love when she uses it.

"Can I walk her to class?" I ask Alison, not wanting to steal her friend and make her walk alone.

"I mean, I guess. I'll see ya there". She jokes and heads into the building with James and Alex. I take Georgia's hand and go to her first period, that's when I realize I have no clue how to get to her first period.

"I honestly have no clue how to get to your first period".

She laughs, and instead of me taking her to class, she takes me to her class.

"Hey Georgia, do wanna go to the park with me after school today?"

"Sure, what car should we take?"

"I'll tell James and Alex to catch a ride with your brothers".

"I'll see you at lunch". She kisses my cheek and walks into her class.

My class is on the other side of the building.

"Theo, your late".

Alex snickers from the back of the class.

"Sorry sir". I mumble and take my seat.

"Hmm I wonder what made lover boy late?" Alex whispers.

"Alex? Is there something you would like to share with the class?"

"No sir".

I cackle, karmas a bitch.

I didn't get to see Georgia until lunch. Memphis and Dakota are sitting next to Georgia at lunch, so I sit next to her.

"Yeah, I think some guy is bringing another horse. Newbie called me in first and I got in trouble". Dakota continues his story to his siblings.

"Why did she call you? He should be able to handle that on his own, he did say he has experience". Memphis pulls his phone out.

"Whos newbie?" I cut in.

"Since we are at school most of the time, mom hired three new people. They don't seem to be able to do anything on their own". Dakota grumbles and stuff's food into his mouth. The rest of lunch is spent talking about the new workers and how I was once a new worker.

"Yeah, but you did your job, plus your not some rich asshole whos daddy made him get a job". Dakota rolls his eyes. The lunch bell rings and everyone splits, Georgia, James, Alex, and I head to our last period.

"You guys are so cute, it's disgusting". Alex gags. I trip him and Georgia playfully slaps me, laughing.

"Be nice to him".

"Hey".

"Hey you ready to go?" school is finally over, it seemed like the longest day ever.

"Yep".

When we get to the park no one is there. We decide to walk the paths.

"So, new guy.."

"Yep...but I gotta say the last new guy was ten times better looking"

My heart skips a beat, then I realize she's talking about me, and it skips another beat.

"Hell yeah he was".

She laughs and we continue to walk in a comfortable silence.

"Do you hear that?"

I stop to listen for the noise that Georgia is talking about. There's whining and small barking over by the tree line. When I walk closer I notice a dog crate.

"Shit".

Outside of the crate is a very sick momma dog and at least ten puppies still trying to get milk out of her. Georgia gasps and I know she's followed me.

"Georgia, go grab the truck and call your mom".

She nods and takes off to the truck.

"Hey momma"

I pick up two puppies and set them into the crate. The mom weakly growls at me.

"Let me help ya out". I pick up more puppies, and gently set them into the crate. When Georgia gets back I have all the puppies in the crate, I set them in the truck and grab a blanket. I wrap the momma dog in the blanket and hand her to Georgia.

"Ok where's the nearest vet Georgia?"

Georgia's POV:

When we're pulling into the vet, i realise I forgot to call my mom.

"Hey mom-"

"Georgia? Where the hell are you?"

"I was at the park with Theo, we found a sick dog and her puppies. We are pulling into the vet now".

"I'll tell the boys to set up a stall for the dogs. Call me when your done". Her voice softens.

"Thanks mom".

When we walk in with the dog, three woman crowd around us and rush into the back with the crate and the mom. Theo and I take a seat in the waiting room.

"Do you think they're gonna make it?" I ask leaning onto Theo's shoulder.

"Oh definitely, that momma still got fight in her and those puppies are full of life. The real question is what are we gonna name all of em?" He smiles.

"Are you kids the one that brought in the big family of dogs?" A guy walks out of the back room.

"Yes sir that's us". Theo stands up.

"They are all doing fine, the mom dog has some food and stuff in her. Y'all can take them home tonight". He smiles and shakes Theos hand.