Chapter 13

Theo's POV:

"Teo! Look! Look!"

I turn and see Violet and Emily hanging small decorations on the bottom of the tree, of course they are all non breakable. Georgia thought of everything. I walk to the two small girls.

"That looks great!"

They beam back at me and continue hanging ornaments.

"Oh hell no. We are not having this creepy ass thing in our house".

"Oh come on Alex! He's cute".

I follow the sounds of the voices over by the main door, where Georgia and Alex are sorting through all the things Georgia bought. Alex is currently holding some weird elf doll.

"No, it's gonna kill us in our sleep".

"Alex. That is an elf on the shelf, he watches you and reports all the bad things you have done back to Santa". Georgia laughs and takes the doll from him setting it on a table.

"Theo. Please tell her that we are not having this creepy thing laying around the house".

"Eh it might be good to have another eye on you". I wink at Georgia.

Alex groans and walks into the living room mumbling about something being whipped. I follow him, over the past hour the living room has transformed. Memphis and Dakota have decorated the stairs with some garland, James is working on trying to hang some stockings on the fireplace, Alex...I think he's planning ways to kill the Elf on the Shelf.

"You know I just read that if I touch him...he'll go away".

Georgia shoots a very scary glare at him.

"Touch him. I dare you"

Alex holds his hands up in surrender and shoots me a is-she-crazy look.

"Georgie, can you help with tree?" Emily tugs on the bottom of Georgia's sweatshirt. Georgia glances at the tree and only sees the bottom done, she smiles and picks up some ornaments to help.

"Come on Teo! Don't just stand there!" Violet yells at me and shoves some ornaments into my hands. I laugh and start getting the very top of the tree since even Georgia can't reach up that high. When the tree is finally decorated, I fall onto the couch.

"THEO!"

Can't a guy just sit on a couch. I huff and walk into the kitchen where everyone is gathered around the counters.

"Whats going on?"

"Georgia is teaching us to make cookies for Santa!" Violet yells happily.

Georgia has Emily balanced on her hip and is trying to stir the cookie batter but she seems to be struggling.

"Here gimme her". I take Emily and hold her so Georgia can stir better, she shoots me a grateful look and finishes stirring. She pulls a cookie sheet from one of the cupboards, and rolls the batter onto it.

"Now we cut them up with all the cookie cutters".

"When do we decorate?" Violet asks, reaching for a reindeer cookie cutter.

"We have to bake them first".

Violet nods and gets up onto the counter to cut, Emily tugs away from me, trying to also cut the batter. I set her down on the counter so Memphis and Dakota can help her. When we all finish cutting the cookies, Georgia shoo's us outside to hang lights. There's a bunch of small bushes and trees surrounding the house.

"Do we just like throw them up there?" Alex looks at the trees

"Nope, you drape them through the branches, like this". Dakota grabs a string of lights and starts looping it through branches so that it hangs like a zig zagged line.

"That looks easy enough". We all watch as Alex grabs some lights and heads to another bush. He tries to hook the lights on the branches but they keep slipping off, after his fifth try he gives up.

"I'll be right back". Alex heads off inside the house. Instead of just sitting around waiting, we all begin to string the bushes. By the time Alex comes back out the only tree left is the one he was working on.

"Watch and learn boys". He saunters up to the trees and whips out a package of clear tape. He picks up the lights that he had earlier thrown on the ground and tapes them to the branches of the tree.

"Oh yeah, that's ain't going nowhere".

Memphis and Dakota are rolling on the ground laughing.

"Theo, I think he's finally lost it". James laughs

"I don't think he ever had it to lose it".

By the time we finished outside, Georgia and the girls already decorated the cookies. Now we all are taking a well deserved break and watching Emily's favorite cartoon.

"The tree looks great".

"OH I almost forgot!" Georgia jumps off the couch and runs outside.

We all look at each other, wondering what she's up to now. She rushes back inside and shows us a star.

"What's that?" James looks at me like I should know.

"It's a tree topper, the girls have to put it on the top of the tree". Georgia points to Violet and Emily. I stand and pick up Violet, Memphis grabs Emily and we hold them up so they can put the thing on the tree.

"Ok Memphis plug it in!"

He looks at her weird, but does what she says. After a minute of searching, Memphis finally plugs it in. The star starts turning all types of different colors.

"Now, this house is officially decorated for christmas!"

Dakota's phone buzzes "Ma, wants us back for dinner. We'll see you guys tomorrow". They all wave bye.

"Sooo that was fun..."

"I'm killing the elf"

"Shut up about the damn elf"

James and Alex start arguing, but for once I don't try to break it up.

"I'm gonna make some pasta, y'all want some?"

"Yes please"

"Yea"

"Heck yea"

Wow the youngest one here has the best manners. I shake my head and start boiling a pot of water.

"Alright I'll be right back".

"Where are ya going?"

"Gonna make sure all the chores got done today".

James nods and turns his attention back to his book.

I'm almost done checking the barns when I see someone sitting down in one.

"Uh..hey you can't be in here".