Chapter 32

"Georgia!"

I turn around from my locker and almost fall from how fast Alison runs into me, thankfully Memphis and Dakota steady us.

"Jeez calm down!". I laugh and turn back to my locker to grab the last book I need.

"You can put your books back". Alison smiles and takes them out of my hands.

"What? We still have three more periods". I try to take the books out of Alison's hand but she hands them to Dakota who shoves them in the locker, and Memphis slams my locker shut.

"Do you know how hard it is to open that damn locker?" I growl and start trying to open it again. My locker sticks, when I put the code in and try to push the lever, the locker gets stuck on something and won't open.

"You don't have to get the books because we're all leaving early!" Memphis smiles stepping in front of me and the locker.

"I'm not ditching with you guys. Now move Memphis". The slightly good mood that I was in is gone, nowhere in sight. Memphis still doesn't move, I knew him in the thigh and he hops away from me. I once again try to open the locker, thankfully I get it on the first try.

"I have to get to class. I'm already 10 minutes late". When I try to walk away from the group Dakota catches my arm.

"Come on Georgie, your never in a good mood anymore. We just want the old, happy go lucky Georgia back". Dakota looks back at Alison, she has her head back and is laughing at Memphis. He looks happy, but when he looks back at me, all I see in his eyes is saddness. It reminds me of the day we met Theo, his eyes looked just like Dakota's do.

"Alright whatever. I'll come, but you have to put these books back in my locker". I roll my eyes, but Dakota's face breaks out into a huge smile.

"We got her!" Alison and Memphis cheer.

"How do we get out?"

The three look at eachother, eyes wide.

"That's a really good question". Memphis chuckles.

"Your telling me, you guys got me to agree with sneaking out. But you don't even know how to do it?"

"Umm yes?" Alison smiles sheepishly.

"What about them. They look like they know where their going". Memphis perks up and heads over to a group of boys. He talks to the guys for a few minutes, then they all laugh, they talk for a few more minutes and Memphis is heading back over to us.

"Alright, let's go. We gotta be quick and quiet". Memphis leads us to the back of the school and through the gym.

"What if the gym teacher sees us?" I whisper.

"Not here today. She's sick". Memphis smiles and opens the back door that leads to the track and fields. We jog over to the baseball field and hop the fence, landing on the far side of the parking lot.

"Memphis go get the car. It'll be more noticable if all of us walk together". Dakota tosses Memphis the car keys and Memphis takes off, sneaking in and out of the cars, rolling around and ducking behind them. When he finally stops screwing around he gets to the car a lot quicker. He hops in and drives over to where we are.

"We could have been out of the parking lot if you didn't act like such a fucking child". Dakota rolls his eyes when he climbs into the backseat with Alison.

"Then if you think your so much more adult-ish you should have gone and got the car". Memphis shrugs and finally we pull out of the school parking lot.

"So where are we going?" i ask eagerly, hyped up on adrenaline from just leaving early.

"It's a secret". Alison whispers.

Great.

They take me to the one fancy restaurant we have in this town. The one that Theo was saving up to take me. I follow Alison when the waitress leads us to the table.

"Georgia? Are you ok?"

"Yep. Peachy".

I open the menu and start to look through all the orders, I start wondering what Theo would have ordered if he took me here, what we would have talked about, would he have been in a nice outfit? Or would he just be in his normal t-shirts and jeans look?

"Georgia? You look like your about to cry".

"Nah I just blinked to much".

Memphis nods, like this makes the most sense in the world to him. I look back at the menu, trying to make the tears disappear. When I look back up to the group everyone is looking around the restaurant. At first I think they are giving me privacy, but after I try and start a conversation and no one answers me, I get annoyed.

"Are you guys expecting someone else?"

The three of them look at me and smile, they don't say anything.

"What-" the bench seat dips next to me

"Hey darling, sorry we're late. They were waiting for us".

I spin around and hug the familiar voice.

"I missed you so much".

"I missed you too". Theo laughs pulling away and wiping away my tears.

"What about us? We left too!" Alex pouts still standing at the end of the table. I jump up and hug him and James, then I sit right next to Theo and take his hand into mine, making him smile.

"Theo-". He brings my hand up to his mouth and presses a gentle kiss on it, stopping me short.

"I will explain everything, I promise".