Chapter 27

Theo's POV:

"Theooo". Georgia calls when she walks into my barn.

"Georgiaaa".

"Can you come with me to get a drink?" She pleads.

"I have-"

"Pleaseeee!" She whines.

"Fine, lets go". I sigh and put the horse back into the stall.

On the way to the side store, Georgia starts fidgeting, she keeps moving in the seat and changing the radio station. I park the car at one of the gas pumps and turn to her.

"Whats up?" Now she won't make eye contact, great did I say something?

"Is it me?" I prod leaning down to try and look her in the eyes.

"No..it's just...well..Alison asked me yesterday what we were..." Georgia shrugs, still not looking at me. I laugh and pull up closer to the store, turning the car off.

"What's funny about that?"

"Nothing, what's funny is how impatient you are". I playfully glare at her.

"That has to do with this, how?" She finally looks up at me, sparks of anger in her diamond eyes.

"I was saving up some money to take you to that one nice restaurant, then I was gonna take ya back to the ranch and ask you to be my girlfriend at the waterhole...cause ya know". I rub the back of my neck, now realizing how cheesy that sounds coming from my mouth.

Georgia's POV:

Theo rubs the back of his neck and looks away to try and hide the blush that's creeping up on his cheeks.

"Your too cute". I laugh and reach to open the door, before I can pull the handle, Theo locks my door, hops out and runs around to my side of the truck. He unlocks the door through the window and opens the door.

"Georgia, I really like you, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since I saw you sitting at the office. Will you pretty please with Ice Cream on top be my girlfriend?" He grins at me while leaning on the car door. I place my cold hands on my cheeks hoping they'll cool them off some.

"Hmm, I mean i guess but you have to buy my drink". I laugh and hop out of the truck. Theo kicks the door closed and follows after me with a toothy smile.

"Like I wasn't gonna anyways". He playfully rolls his eyes.

"Should we get Jasmine and Max something?" I look at the candy isle, we have a training session with them in about 30 minutes.

"Sounds good, get them chocolate. All kids like chocolate". Theo walks to the fridge and gets a gatorade. Then he walks over to me and takes everything out of my hands and sets it on the counter, pulling his wallet out.

"$13.50 sir". The woman behind the counter says in a bored tone, Theo gives her the money and starts to pick up our stuff.

"You need a bag?"

"Yes please". Theo smiles gratefully

"You look familiar boy". She eyes him when she hands him the bag.

"One of my friends used to work here, I used to pick him up sometimes". Theo shrugs.

"Yep that'll be it, have a great day". The woman smiles and goes back to her magazine, not even looking up when the bell above the door rings as we exit. Theo and I get back into the car, me sipping my fountain drink and him trying to open his gatorade with one hand.

"Let me help". I push his hand away and easily open the bottle.

"Thanks". Theo smiles at me and quickly directs his eyes back to the road.

Theo's POV:

When I walk into the house James and Alex are sitting on the couch watching TV. I stand in front of the TV to get their attention. James pauses whatever they are watching and looks at me.

"I wanna tell everyone, what happened to us". I blurt, looking from James and Alex to try and see what their reactions are.

"Ok". James says shooting a look at Alex.

"You haven't told Georgia? Dude thats low, y'all are dating right?" Alex winces.

"I told her before we were dating, I told her when I started liking her..."

Alex and James nod, deep in thought.

"Alright, I'm in. How we doing this?" James leans back on the couch, giving me his attention again.

"Yea, lets do it". Alex smiles.

"Remember that sleepover thing that they put together when we first got here?" The boys both nod, saying that their with me.

"Imma do that again".

"We're gonna do that again". Alex corrects.

"I'll text the triplets". James whips his phone out and starts typing. Did he already have a chat with Georgia? So what if he did? I shake my head, trying to rid myself of the jealous thoughts in my head.

"I'll go get the barn ready".

"So what is it that you had to tell us?" Memphis breaks the conversation that was happening previously about Dakota and Alison.

"Oh yeah.." everyone looks at Alex, James, and I expectantly.

"I think it's time y'all know our backstory". Georgia makes a small noise next to me and tightens her grip on my hand, letting me know she's there. I hadn't told her what I wanted to tell everyone, when they all showed up at the barn about an hour ago.

"Who wants to start". I look at the boys.

"Hell no, your idea buddy". Alex leans back and James nods.

"Alright...let's see, about...hell, 10 months ago we escaped from a pretty bad...situation".

"What kind of bad situation". Dakota asks carefully.

"A guy used us as work slaves for a huge ranch". James jumps in for me.

"What do you mean, work slaves?" Memphis shoots up into a sitting position on the makeshift bed I made earlier.

"Well, sometimes we would race. But the horses would never be in great shape...usually causing them to die afterwards". Alex is gazing at the blanket in front of him, like he's back at the horse ranch, racing the horses in the sketchy places. I look down at Georgia, I didn't go as in depth with her as we are going now. She smiles at me, telling me to continue with her eyes.

"If we refused...we didn't get food and usually got a few hits with a bat". I grimace, remembering the times we thought we could get around the beating and refused to race a horse. The sound of bat hitting skin, and our screams being muffled by some dirty ass t-shirt circling around my head. Georgia starts tracing patterns on my hand to bring me back to the present.

"Would you guys get hurt? Ma used to tell us stories all the time about people racing hurt horses...not only would the horses get hurt, but the riders...." Alex glances away from us.

"Oh hell, would we get hurt. One time Theo came back to the room they kept us in, he was bruised and had cuts all along his back and stomach". James shakes his head.

"The horse didn't hurt me, some guy got pissed I got in front of him...knocked me off and stabbed me until I couldn't move any more. They found me a few hours later and brought me back...thankfully Alex saved me some food, since I lost they didn't give me any". I look down as Georgia stops drawing patterns on the back of my hand. She just flips my hand over and does the same thing on the palm of my hand, tracing the few scars I have there from falling.

"How...how'd y'all get out?". Dakota rubs Alison's back, because she has tears running down her cheeks. James and Alex stay quiet, letting me tell them if I want too.

"Um..."