Chapter 16

Georgia's POV:

"Come on Georgie! You can do it". My dad calls from the other side of the pool. Noah, Liam, Memphis, and Kota are all swimming around him and splashing each other.

"No dad. I can't, what if I drown?"

"I doubt, me or any of your brothers would let you drown. Ain't that right boys?"

They all turn to look

    "Course we wouldn't". Noah says for everyone.

    "Come on Georgie, we can do it together". Dakota swims over and Memphis follows, they both climb out of the pool and stand next to me.

    "On the count of three ok?"

I nod

    "1"

    "2"

    "3"

There's a big splash, and now we are all in the barn.

    "Okay kids, before I teach you to ride the horse, you need to be able to care for the horse". Dad gives us all brushes.

    "But Noah and Liam know how to ride". Memphis pouts and looks at Noah and Liam who are both in the stalls with their horses.

    "Yes, because they already learned how to take care of em".

Dakota and Memphis pout, but I start brushing every inch of Autumn.

    "There ya go Georgie". Dad smiles at me.

I grin back and continue brushing my horse. Autumn blows into my face.

I'm on the back of Autumn, in the small pen.

    "Wanna race Georgia?" Noah asks

    "Bring it on". I grin and line up by the gate.

Liam, Dakota, Memphis, and dad count us down. When they say three, Autumn and I take off, everything else melting away.

    "Woohoo Georgie! That's my girl! You whipped his ass sweetie". My dad calls when I reach the gate again.

    "I call rematch". Noah yells.

Everyone laughs.

The table is full of food. Dad of course is at the head of the table with mom at the other end. I sit next to dad, Memphis sits next to me, Dakota across. Everyone is talking, there's conversations about everything around the table going on.

    "Georgie how was your day? You haven't been talking much". Dad looks at me expectantly.

    "It was good, I taught Autumn to jump the big jump!"

    "Really?"

    "Wait you taught her how to do the big jump? Can you help me teach Boots how to do the big jump". Memphis stops his conversation with Dakota.

    "Yeah sure". I smile

I look back to dad, who is smiling proudly at me.

Dad is on the porch, everyone else is running around the yard playing tag.

    "Tag your it".

Noah shoves me, pushing me too hard and I fall onto the ground.

    "Hey watch it!" Memphis pushes Noah and helps me up, Dakota glares at Noah.

    "Touch her like that again and i'll beat the crap out of you". Dakota gets into Noah's face.

    "Dad their fighting!" Liam yells

    "About?"

He looks up from the grill to the small gathering of us.

    "Noah just pushed Georgie on the ground, for nothing!" Dakota yells back not taking his glare off of Noah.

    "Do what you gotta do boys. I always say, ANY boy who touches your sister wrong you better beat the shit outta them". Dad turns back to his grill. Memphis and Dakota grin and start walking to Noah.

    "It's alright me and Liam can beat y'alls butt". Noah laughs

    "Heck no, you on your own". Liam walks over to the swing set.

Memphis and Dakota tackle Noah.

    "Get off me!"

I open my eyes. The backyard looks so much different. The playground is falling apart, the pool is green from the winter, and the grill hasn't been used in years. I go back inside.

    "12:01 A.M".

The oven light blinks green in the dark kitchen.

    "Merry Christmas Eve georgie".

I sigh and move into the kitchen. I open the fridge and look inside for the milk. For once I am able to open it, and I pour myself a cup and set it into the microwave.

    "Georgia what are you doing?"

Memphis and Dakota walk into the house, still dressed from where ever they were.

    "Milking a cow. What the hell does it look like i'm doing?"

They both go wide eyed.

    "Uhhh did we do something?" Memphis asks

    "No...it's just...its nothing". I sigh and take my warm milk from the microwave.

    "What's wrong Georgie?" Dakota looks worried.

I try to step around them and go upstairs, but they block the whole door.

    "Move".

    "No".

    "Move you guys, i'm just tired".

They look at each other, obviously not believing me.

    "I'm not kidding, move".

    "Nope. Not till you tell us what's keeping you up". Dakota looks at my warm milk.

    "Uhhh I was just craving warm milk?"

    "Georgie, you can tell us".

    "Its really nothing...i was just missing old times. Yah know?"

They nod

    "Course we do. Remember when we beat the shit out of Noah". Dakota laughs

    "Which time?" Memphis joins.

I roll my eyes smiling.

    "Can I go to bed now?"

    "Oh yeah". Memphis and Dakota move.

    "Goodnight boys". I whisper from the stairs.

    "Night Georgie".