III.

it was three in the morning when jacob cried for the first time in months. the last time was when it hit a year and three months, the wound was still so open. but tonight was harder than anything else. not only did he read the messages that people had sent and left for him, he also looked through old photos and videos of him and troye.

not only were the memories bittersweet but it also made he more determined to find troye. he wasn't dead, there was no way. he didn't want to be cliche but he was famous, and still is, no one in there right mind would just kill him.

right?

jacob sighed, he was forgetting the whole point of this. it was supposed to make him happy not sad. he scrolled through his phone for a while before settling on  a picture of the two of them in the bathroom. he could vividly remember what caused this photo.

🍃flashback a year ago🍃

jacob sighed as he trudged into the bathroom. he way beyond tired from the day he had and he barely felt like going through his nightly routine. so, he went through the motions of his shower, brushed his teeth and then trudged into the room.

when we did troye put down his phone down and look jacob up and down. "what are you doing?"

jacob looked down over his shoulder before going back through his night clothes. "getting ready for bed."

"that was a pretty quick shower you had there..." troye trailed off.

jacob let his head fall back and groaned. "we go through this all the time."

troye hops off the bed and walks over to his boyfriend. "come on," he says. "you're going to take a proper shower while i sit on the counter.

jacob trudges in as if he was a kid being supervised by his parent. he turns the shower on, drops his towel and gets in the shower. he stands there for a moment before peeking his head out of the curtains.

"could you at least join me?"

troye shakes his head. "nope." he says popping the 'p'.

jacob groans again before slamming the curtain shut and going through his routine and 15 minutes of troye singing later, jacob steps out of the shower gets back in his towel and sighs.

"happy now?"

troye hops off of the counter and stands behind the taller man. "it's my duty to make sure my boyfriend is doing well, no matter where i am," he then kisses jacob's bare shoulder. "so yes."

jacob sighs letting his head fall back yet again, troye takes the opportunity to snap a picture of the two of them. once jacob sees the flash he looks down at troye.

"did you just take a picture?"

troye shrugs. "memories." he says with a shrug before taking another one

🍃end of flashback 🍃

it's my duty to make sure my boyfriend is doing well, no mater where i am.

jacob sighed, if troye saw him now he would be appalled. if he was being completely honest, jacob doesn't really remember the last time he had a proper shower. the you "didn't-do-it-right-the-first-time" shower.

he went through a few more messages before one caught his eye. it said it was from troye and it wasn't a new message but at the same time it was, he'd never seen this until now. it was a voice message.

"jakey," it was in fact troye's voice he sounded scared, it must've been from the night he was taken. "pl-pleease, please get th-this quick and come find m-me. i ran but i'm sure they'll get me. i'm at the corner o-of fi-."

and then the voice memo went ended.

_

a/n: this story is gonna have the biggest plot twist. make your guesses now. but how are you guys doing.