XII

wherever they were it was hot. 

the dingy torn up  sweater that troye was wearing the night he was taken was in the corner of the cell he would call home. he was spread out his eyes closed and his hand is laying on his chest. 

grace sat criss-crossed and leaned against the wall her in the cell across from him. he hair was fuzzy and it barely looked like she was conscious. troye looked up every once in awhile to check on her. 

"still with me grace?" troye said weakly.

grace gave a grunt in response as a way to say that she's somewhat okay. troye sits up slowly and crawls over to the bars in his cell.

"hey," he says. "hey, get her some water she's dehydrated."

there was now response which caused troye to bang on the cell bars. "hey you fuckers," he said. "don't think you want a dead girl on your hands... she needs some water."

"troye..." grace said weakly. "stop, i'll be fine."

"no, i'm not letting you die," troye said before banging on the cell. "hey!" 

before grace could say anything to defend herself the sounds of boots clicking echoed the halls. grace lifted her head up from against the wall and troye scooted back from his cell door. this time a woman showed up but due to the poor lighting he couldn't see her face. 

"you better shut the fuck up pretty boy," she says in a calm tone. "even though there isn't much beauty in that face of yours."

troye gets up. "she needs water," troye said. 

the lady looks back at grace and grace looks back up at her, she looked like she was close to passing out. she turned her back to troye and looked at grace. 

"hm," she said squatting to the ground and tilting his head. "you don't look dehydrated to me."

she then got back up and walked back down the hall. troye started to bang on the cell bars but it was no use since the lady didn't even turn her head. once the clicking of her boots was no longer able to be heard troye sighed and looked over at grace. 

"grace," he said. "you still with me."

"an-angelina..." grace said, she sounded completely out of it. "it was prob-probably..." before she even got to say the rest of her broken speech she fell over and fainted. 

troye yet again banged on the cell as if that was going to wake her up. "grace," troye said. "grace stay with me please!" 

-

jacob grabbed his hoodie and his keys and started to make his way out...undetected of course. 

hari had been keeping an eye on him because after what had happened at the police office jacob had been a little iffy. he only spent time on his laptop looking at articles about troye's disappearance, if he wasn't doing that he was with nash. 

jacob was about to leave but the second he opened the door nash instantly started to run towards him.

"nash," jacob whisper yelled. "nash go."

the black and white dog tilted his head before crouching down. nash thought he wanted to play. 

jacob sighed. "i don't want to play right now," he said and then nash barked in response. "nash shush."

hari walked out of the guest room and leaned against the door frame. "where do you think you're going."

"out," jacob said before closing the door and turning to the girl. "i'm not going to slap a cop if that's what you're worrying about."

hari sighed and walked further into the living room. "i thought you were getting better jacob," she said. 

jacob scoffs. "you don't get it do you-."

"don't yo-."

"no don't you," jacob said. "i don't care if detective snow tries to psychoanalyze me but you? you're the last person i'd expect to try and get me into therapy."

hari doesn't say anything and nash just lowers his head at the tone of jacob's voice. 

"for a second i thought that he was dead too," jacob said. "but if i gave up then, if i moved on then.... i'd never forgive myself. i owe it to troy and i owe it to myself. you know deep down that he isn't dead but you've found comfort in just telling yourself that because if he isn't he's probably close."

jacob opened his mouth but quickly closes it and shakes his head before looking back at hari and leaving. 

-

a/n: hey i'm sorry, i've been focusing on school. i'm actually typing this during my honors english class. next chapter is going to reveal a lot about grace and how she got to where she was. so place your predictions now. but in all seriousness thanks for not rushing me. much love