XVI.

_

grace was doing okay, not good but okay. she had gotten her water it was probably weeks old but water was water. troye watched her, he watch he shoulders rise and fall at a weak but steady pace.

he felt bad, almost at fault even. sure, he wasn't the reason grace was here but shes been through a lot more than the austrailian an he can't do as much as hold her. he noticed that grace started to stir awake, troye sat up from his cell wall and crawled towards grace. 

"grace," troye said. "grace you still with me?"

grace licked her dry lips before letting out a weak sigh. "still... still here." she says. 

"i need you to stay with me grace," troye said. "talk to me, how did you find out about me." troye rolled his eyes at what he said, out of all the things he could think of that's what came to mind.

grace crawled towards the cell bars and leaned her forehead against the cold surface. "i-." she smacks her lips. "i found you through... youtube. when-when you dropped your ep."

troye smiled slightly at the thought of trxye before encouraging her to continue. "have you ever seen me i concert."

"mhm," grace said. "blu-blue neighbor- neighborhood."

grace's eyes shut after that. troye was going to yell her name but saw that she was breathing. troye turned his back towards grace and let his head fall on the bars of his cell. his mind drifted off to jacob, it was the only thing that was keeping him here. 

the sound as jacob's laugh, how it was so deep but sweet and rich like honey. his hazel eyes that were in such contrast to troye's blue ones. the way his scent engulfed him everytime jacob would hug him. how they would both flop around like wet noodles when they were listening to a song they both loved. 

the quiet nights they would spend cuddled up together with nash when neither man had obligations to their jobs. troye thought about all the times they would be tangled in the sheets the two of them smiling at each other. 

he longed for mornings like that, he longed for it all. he even missed all the times fans would stop him at inappropriate times and the one time back in la he got kicked out of a mall because he was causing a safety hazard because of all his fans. 

troye remembered back to what grace said about being moved from one place to another. that they did it because someone from the outside was getting too close to figuring out where they were. he hoped that was true because that meant that even after two years jacob was still looking for him.

the blue eye boy hated to admit it but, he thought that jacob had given up on him after the newspapers declared troye dead. they never brought up jacob's name in the articles and how he was coping so at the beginning of this he assumed that jacob went back to la, he is from there after all.

troye turned around a looked at grace. she may not realize or believe it but she has given troye more hope than he could ever ask for.

_

jacob and angelina sat at the back of a cafe side by side looking at articles of troye's disappearance. as they were jacob couldn't help but notice that angelina was looking at a different article on her phone. 

"what's that?" jacob said gesturing this the words on the tiny screen. 

"it's my friend, grace," angelina says. "she went missing the same day as troye. i've been looking for her ever since. we were talking about some vinyl and next thing i know she's missing."

jacob frowned. "do you think they took her with troye."

angelina shrugged. "maybe... when we were on the phone that day she seemed pretty quick to hang up the phone."

jacob nodded before looking up detective snow. he found out that her first name is katherine and that she showed up in perth the same day they declared troye dead. 

"well that's weird." jacob said before his fingers moved mindlessly across the keyboard. 

"what?" angelina said. 

jacob pointed to his screen. "detective katherine snow," he began to read. "peth's newest star detective, already making history by claiming perth's golden boy troye sivan dead within hours of her new job."

angelina read the article, jacob was right. that is weird. Angelina looked up from the computer screen and saw that a few people were already staring at the duo.

"jacob," angelina said adverting her eyes from the men.

"hm," jacob says his eyes not leaving the screen. 

angelina grabbed her bag and jacket. "we need to go."

the taller man made a face and looked at angelina. "why, we are just now getting somewhere."

"there are people staring." angelina said in a whisper yell.

jacob looked up and the people that were once staring them down turned there heads in any other direction but theirs. 

jacob closed his laptop and slipped it in his satchel. "let's not make it a big scene, let's just get up and walk out."

the two of them get up. jacob helps angelina put on her jacket and the two of them walk out. they engage themselves in a conversation and refuse to look anywhere else. 

they manage to get of the café but not without two people following them. at first they refuse to look back but then all of a sudden jacob stops and turns around.

"can we help you fellows?" jacob says with a smile. 

the man crosses his arms and clenches his jaw. "you're jacob bixenman aren't you?"

"i'm flattered but I don't do pictures." jacob said.

angelina just stood behind jacob awkwardly.

the man laughs. "you're funny," he says. "my boss told me to watch out for you, says you have a tendency to stick your noes where it don't belong."

"you're boss..." jacob said. "you mean katherine snow?"

the mans smile falters before he lunges at jacob. the mans first instinct was to go for the bag which jacob conveniently used to slap him across the face. he then punches the man in the face, he was going to kick him again but angelina stopped him.

"we can't afford to cause a scene jacob. what would troye want." 

jacob looks back at angelina and drops his fist before turning to the man with the bloody nose. 

"tell your boss that i'm not going to stop and that when i finally get troye back, i will kill her."

jacob takes a deep breath before walking past angelina. the girl looks at the man holding his nose before looking at jacob with a  worried look on her face.

_

a/n: things are starting to pick up!! yall I don't think you guys are even ready and there is going to be a sequel. im getting excited just thinking about it. anyways sorry it took me so long to update but thanks for being patient. much love <3