VIII.

jacob tried to call back the number that called him the other day but everytime it happened it went straight to an automated service, must be a burner phone then. he told hari about the message he had gotten yesterday and to no surprise she didn't believe the call was legit and he could understand why, it did seem pretty sketchy.

"...what if it's not real," hari says. "what if it's the same people that took troye, you can't do much for him if you're taken too."

jacob looks over at hari. "but what if it isn't, this is the closest i've been in two years hari. you didn't hear the panic in his voice when he left me a voice message. he was scared hari, probably the most he's ever been," he raises his phone. "if this random person is who i need to help me find troye then that's exactly what i'm going to do."

hari sighs, there was no use talking him out of this one. she understood his need to look for his boyfriend but she couldn't help but think that one day he'll go looking in the wrong place and end up like troye, or worse. 

"fine," she says. "but if anything feels weird you need to come back, whether or not you have what you were looking for, okay?" 

jacob nods his head. "be safe, got it." 

hari sighs, "go find your boy." 

_

it was several hours later when the guy brought back grace. she was shaking violently, her hair was soaking wet and, her hands were bound together in front of her. he threw her in her cell when they came back, he even laughed.

"oh come on," the man said. "don't act like you didn't enjoy it." the man then spits onto the floor before turning  to troye. 

"you're lucky," he said. "if you weren't so valuable i would've done more than clocking you."

troye looked over to him and gave him a sarcastic smile. "lucky me." he says. 

the man flinched at troye causing the aussie to cower which caused the man to smile in satisfaction. he looked at the two hostages and then walked down the hall, enjoying the power that he had. 

troye scooted to the bars of his cell and rested his forehead against them. he had a debate in his head on whether or not he should say something to grace, eventually he decided that after what grace has been through she could use someone. even if they are in a similar situation. 

"hey," troye said softly. "you okay?"

grace sniffed and wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "they-they made me strip," she says. "she had them pour ice c-cold water on me. they took turn-turns, like it was some kinda ga-game."

"we're gonna get out of her grace, okay?" 

she looks up, there was a cute on her face. "you will," she says. "you're troye sivan. you know how many can-candle light vigils i've been to for you... they're wa-waiting for the day that you come home. nobody has seen your boyfriend for the last two years."

troye made a face. "jacob's not my boyfriend."

grace coughs. "could've fooled me," she says. "but see? nobody is going to bat an eye that i'm missing."

troye grips the bars. "they will grace, i bet there are people out there that are looking for you just as they are me. you are gonna get through this grace... we both are."

grace shakes her head. "how are you so hopeful?"

for the first time in over two years troye smiled. "you," he said.

_

jacob pulled up to fifth and main and looked around. nothing about it seemed sketchy, everyone was just enjoying there lives. he saw a group of teenagers walking around, people in suits... but what really caught his eyes was a couple sitting on a bench across the street.  the girl had her legs draped over her boyfriends and was leaning against the back laughing, they both were. jacob couldn't tell but they were enjoying themselves despite the fact the scenery wasn't the best, to them it was probably perfect.  

jacob sighed, looked at the couple longingly before getting out of the car. he quickly put his hoodie up since he wasn't ready for any fan interaction just yet and stood near an alley way. he kept his head down which probably looked sketchy to other people but he couldn't bring himself to care. 

"jacob?" a voice says. 

jacob looked at the pair of shoes in front of him, they were nikes before looking up. it was a girl about average height with long brown hair and blue eyes that reminded him of troye, her face seemed to settle in a smile.

"if you want a picture then-."

she shook her head quickly. "n-no," she says. "i'm the person on the phone... my names angelina."

jacob looked around and then pulled his hood off his head. "i tried calling you."

"burner," she says. "i can't have them tracking me."

jacob raised an eyebrow. "them? as in the people who took troye?"

angelina nodded her head. "and i think this belongs to you." she says before handing jacob troye's phone. 

jacob looked at it and rolled it through his palms before looking up at the girl. "how did you- snow said that-."

angelina's eyes widened. "snow?" 

"so you've heard of her?"

the shorter girl nods her head. "and she can't be trusted. i don't know what her part in that thing is but she had a hand in kidnapping troye, why do you think she kept this away from you."

jacob looked down at the phone as a flash of anger came over him. "can we meet here again later? say around five?"

angelina nodded.

jacob then put his hoodie back on, hopped in his car and speed back to the station.

_

snow was sitting at her desk in her office at the station looking through several cases. none of them were interesting to her, they were the same old same old. then, as if by magic her door slammed open and a phone was thrown onto her desk.

not just any phone.

troye's.

she looked up and jacob was standing in front of her his face red with anger and had his arms crossed against his chest. snow looked at him and then at the phone before taking her glasses of and throwing them to the side. 

"do you want a cookie," she says. "you found your boys phone."

"someone gave me this." he says.

snow shrugs. "crazed fan took your boyfriends phone," she chuckles. "tell me something i don't know."

jacob slams his hand on the desk. "if you're such a good detective you should be able to track a phone from a teenage girl, you wanna tell another lie?"

snow begins to stand up. "if there is something you wanna say then-."

jacob scoffs. "cut the bullshit," he says. "you know where troye is, this whole detective act, it's over. tell me where he is or i let out your little secret."

snow gets a smug look on her face. "tell em," she says. "last i check your the crazed boy who's been looking for his dead boyfriend for two years. i am one of, if nit he most respected dectective," she leans over the desk and smiles. "the cards are in my hands honey."

jacob takes a deep jagged breath before slapping snow across the face, hard. her heads turns forcefully and due to the ring on jacob's finger he drew blood. she looks back at jacob before wiping the  corner of her mouth.

"can we get a few cops in here," snow yells with a smirk on her face. "biexnmans at it again."

_

a/n: i know it's too soon to all my animal is my favorite, it's just so cute and personal. also.. i have an instagram it's very inactive it's 'bbybix' i'm thinking about using it again and doing instagram lives, does that sound fun? i feel like everyone does that so maybe not idk. also also does anyone wanna do like a groupchat or something, idk. i'll see you guys in some other story.