XI

time set: sometime two years ago

the couple was lying together on the couch of their new house in la. there wasn't that many furniture since they had just gotten it. all they had was this couch and of course their bed, they didn't even have a tv. although, it didn't really bother them, they've spent more time together now than in the last few months. 

"is their a reason you have zit creme on your face?" troye said.

jacob scoffs. "because i have two zits on my face that are really bad."

troye smiles to himself as he whips out his phone to take a video. at first jacob instantly covers the camera before troye could do anything, they went about this for a little bit before jacob surrenders. troye smiles to himself as he records, jacob pulls troye closer and leans onto troye. 

"you better not post that." jacob said.

troye smiled. "i won't... at least not now."

"not now," jacob said. "what are you doing?"

troye turns to face jacob and kisses his noes. "don't you worry your pretty little zit creme faced about it... you'll see soon enough."

jacob groans. "you know i hate it when you say soon, you never mean it."

troye rolls his eyes. "you sound like them, but i mean it this time okay?"

troye smiles at jacob. "i love you."

jacob kisses troye's neck. "yeah, yeah love you too."

_

jacob sighed as he pets the top of nash's head. he was their dog and quite frankly when troye had was taken jacob couldn't bare to even look at him. nash was troye's idea and he was so happy once they had gotten him.

"i see you've finally let him see the light of day." hari said walking in. 

nash looked up at hari before looking over at jacob and putting his head back on jacob's thigh. jacob doesn't say anything he just continues to pet nash.

"god you're still not talking to me," hari says. "you did this to yourself, you slapped a detective you accused her of taking troye... i don't know what makes you think i can just be okay with this. maybe-maybe snow is right. maybe i should get you a therap-."

"i don't need a therapist!" jacob yells which causes nash to get up and runs. 

jacob lets his head roll back as he sighs. "nash..." jacob called out. 

he got up from the floor before glaring back at hari and running towards their room. just as jacob suspected nash was sitting on their bed panting heavily, except he was on troye's side of the bed. 

"nash," jacob said. "come on nash please, that's tokkie's side of the bed, you know that." jacob tried to nudge the pit mix but at the mention of troye's nickname he whimpered and laid his head in troye imprint.

jacob frowned and climbed in the bed next to nash. he scratched him behind the ears as he looked him in the eyes. "i miss him too," jacob said. "i miss tokkie too."

nash tilted his head. 

the human frowns as he scoots closer to nash and lays his head on his back and starts to pets his head. "i'll bring him home nash,"

"i'll bring him home."

_

a/n: it's been awhile so why not a short flash back chapter. i go back to school tomorrow so these updates might even be more sporadic until i get my shit together. are you guys still with me? you still loving the story? it hit 1k awhile ago so i'd take that as a yes. so thank for that. but i gtg if i want to function like a decent person. so nuh night.