XV

_

"jacob," angelina said. "jacob where are we going."

without taking his eyes off the road jacob, with a hard face, said. "the station."

angelina shook her head. "we cannot just barge in there. besides, we don't know how many people are working for snow. we could show up in there on day and be dead the next."

jacob sighed before taking a very sharp turn before ending up a street that's adjacent to the one they were just on.

"now where are we going?" angelina said.

jacob glanced over. "my house," he said. "i trust you won't give out my address?"

the girl shook her head. "gracie would kill me if i did, she quite the protective fan over you and your boyfriend."

"he's not my-."

"eh," angelina says. "don't even try to deny it. you have a dog together, if that doesn't scream relationship i don't know what does."

jacob chuckles and shakes his head. angelina joins in before looking out the the window. after awhile of comfortable silence, angelina turns towards the american.

"what are you going to do when you find him?"

jacob thought for a second. it didn't occur to him what he would do, he'd spent three years looking for a boy everyone thought was dead.

"i don't know..." jacob said. "i never really thought about it. what about with you and grace?"

"well..." angelina said. "with all the things she's been through i figured something simple like just a girls night with face masks and movies."

jacob smiled as he pulled into his driveway. "it sounds lovely. it looks like we are here, you don't mind dogs do you?"

angelina shakes her head. "not. at. all."

jacob laughs as he gets out of the car before walking over to angelina's side and helping her out. the two walk to the front door and with nimble fingers jacob opens the door and the second her does nash comes rushing towards angelina.

"i see you've brought someone with you." hari said.

nash looks over at jacob before running to him then running crazily in a circle around the living room. angelina laughs as jacob takes her jacket and throws it on the couch.

"angelina, hari, hari, angelina," jacob says gesturing between the two. "she's been helping with finding troye."

hari tilts her head. "now you're involving other people in it?"

angelina steps up. "my friend was taken the same day troye was. jacob has gotten farther than anyone i've known. he's my best shot."

hari sighed. "well you've been gone for a long time so... you guys got anything good?"

jacob's eyes lit up. "we so very do," jacob grabs his bag. "to the kitchen we go."

jacob, hari, angelina and, nash all go into the kitchen. when they do the three humans sit down as nash grabs his stuffed animal and sits at jacob's feet.

"so for starters," jacob said opening his laptop. "snow is a transfer, with no records of her previous job or anything." the american quickly pulls up the site he was on and turns the screen to face hari.

"and," angelina added in. "she declared troye dead within hours of her being here."

hari read over the article and turned the laptop back to the duo. "okay but a lot of detective do that, if they have all the evidence they need and according the the cops working there she's the best detective they got."

"but if she's as good as they say she is surely she'd have something written about her..." jacob said. "it's too clean."

hari made a face. "she's a detective, that's basically her job."

angelina slaps the table. "then how about this," she says. "we were at the café and someone was following us-."

"they said," jacob said cutting the girl off. "they said their boss sent them because I have a tendency to stick my nose where it doesn't belong-."

"which you do." hari buts in.

jacob rolls his eyes. "whatever," he says. "but when i said katherine snow the man got defensive... really quick."

hari stopped scrolling through the article and looked up at jacob. "katherine snow as in... katherine snow."

jacob made a face. "am i supposed to know her?"

"know her," hari said before typing rapidly on the keyboard. "you were friends with her in la." she turns the laptop towards the duo.

"katherine snow..." jacob read. "died in an la shoot- if she's dead then..."

"then who is that detective?" angelina says.

hari takes the laptop again. "i know she had a sister..." hari said before navigating herself through several sites and wikipedia pages and articles.

hari turns the laptop again and a mugshot of a woman who looked similar to the real katherine snow.

"lillian snow?" angelina said.

hari nodded her head. "arrested several times for aggravated assault and robbery and there is currently a warrant out for her arrest."

angelina raised an eyebrow. "why would she take the name of her supposedly famous sister."

"well that's the thing," hari said. "katherine snow was up and coming. so it would make sense to take her name since she's dead and hasn't made it over here."

hari looked over at jacob and sighed. "i'm sorry i didn't believe you about kather- well lillian."

jacob closed the laptop and slid it in his bag. "it's fine," he looked to angelina. "you don't mind being here do you?"

"where are you going?" angelina said

jaocb shook his bag. "the lions den."

_

a/n: plot twist plot twist plot twist