《 chapter 8 》

• • •

A few days passed and mom was still not home. I started to worry.

"You thinking about something?"

"Huh?"

When I looked up, I saw Taehyung who was smiling sheepisly, and stroking his dark hair.

"Oh, just about mom.. She hasn't been home these few days.."

"Don't worry", he patted my shoulder and walked away.

DURING CLASS

"Please, make sure to study hard for the upcoming test- Y/N?"

"Y/N?"

"EARTH TO Y/N!"

I jumped and looked in front of me to see the teacher angrily looking towards me. I gulped and stood up.

"What's happening with you these days? You have been spacing out lately. Is something or someone bothering you?", the teacher asked and shot a glare at Taehyung who was quietly sitting beside me.

"No, teacher.. I am sorry, it won't happen again."

As I sat down, the teacher continued his lecture. After the class, I still looked through the window and just sighed.

It's still raining. And smart Y/N didn't bring an umbrella.. Where's my brain?

As I was about to slap my head, a hand grabbed my wrist and stopped me from doing that. When I looked up, I spotted Jin

"Don't hurt yourself", he rolled his eyes "You didn't change, huh?"

"What do you mean?", I rised my eyebrow.

"You would always slap your head if you forgot something. I find that cute..", he handed me bread. When I took it he sat beside me, his front facing me.

"I wanted us to eat together again.. After so long..", he sighed "When we were young, we used to eat bread together, but now, that's rarely done.."

"Come on! It's not the end of the world! We will eat together again!"

As we continued eating together, I noticed Taehyung looking at me, slightly dissapointed. Whenever I would look at him, he would just look away..

Is he okay?

"Y/N, do you have an umbrella?"

"Oh, no. I forgot it..", I sighed.

He stood up and I did too.. Then, he handed me a pink umbrella. I smiled and gave him a hug.

"Thank you Jin! You saved my head..!"

"Your welcome Y/N.."

• • •

After the last class I had, I ran towards my locker and took my books and an umbrella Jin gave me. Then, as I was about to close the locker, someone's hand gripped onto my arm.

"Um, excuse me"

I looked behind me and saw Lee Yaehee in her short lacey skirt, and tight shirt. As she twirled the hair strand of her's around her finger, she let go of my arm.

"What do you think you are doing?"

"Wrong. What do you think you are doing?", she smiled "This umbrella is for me."

"But, Jin gave it to me. During break."

"He gave it to you so you could give it to me."