Chapter Six: Bad Boy Training

6 | Bad Boy Training

Banner on the side made by travestea

After AP English, the day pretty much went by really fast. I sped through all my work quickly, act my lunch quickly and I did my best at avoiding Bradley at all costs.

It was all mutually decided that today, I would start my first lesson from the Bad Boy Blueprint. Hopefully, by the end of the semester I'll successfully become a new and improved Liam Argent.

"First thing first is: You need to act like a bad boy before you look like one," Scott stated, as he plopped down on his red and black sheet covered bed. Will and I were over at his house to have the first lesson, since his parents were barely home, which meant no distractions or awkward conversations about what we were doing.

"Meaning...?" I questioned, as I swiveled around in Scott's desk chair that sat next to his computer.

"Before we give you a makeover , we're going to teach you how to 'act' like a bad boy, in a seemingly un-cliché way," added Will, who was sitting on the bed with her boyfriend. Walking over to me, she crouched down and looked at me, with a cynical smile on her face. “The first lesson is: Flirting.”

“But before we do that, we’re going to create a list. A list of things that you’re going to have to do, in order to become an official Bad Boy,” Scott advised, as he opened his bookbag and pulled out a notebook and a pen. Scribbling something down, he quickly wrote down some things and smiled as he went down the paper.

“So what should the first thing on the list be?” I asked, as I looked suspiciously at my smiling best friends. At that point, I was already out of the computer chair and pacing around Scott’s bedroom. “I hope it’s not something crazy,”

“What do you want the first thing to be?” Will replied, “This list is for you, we might be calling the shots but you’re the one executing the plan,”

“How about the first thing on the list be: Make out with the trashiest, but ironically holy twins at school; Serenity and Trinity,”Scott suggested, “Everyone knows the twins will fuck any moving and breathing thing,”

“Yes, definitely put the twins on there,” Will and I both laughed, as Scott wrote it down in the notebook, “How about for the second rule, it could be: Crash one of Jake Manning’s legendary house parties,”

“Have you ever been to a party, Liam?” Will smirked, receiving the finger from me. She knew the last time I went to a party was in eighth grade, Bradley’s sweet sixteen. Ever since then, I vowed to never go to parties because I was going through my ‘awkward turtle’ stage, but since I was about to become a Bad Boy, I figured that crashing at least one party wouldn’t hurt.

“Shut up, Will,” I spat, “What’s next on the list guys?”

“Hmm,” hummed Scott, as he stroked his chin, “How about for the next two rules, you: 1) Hook up with Shane’s girlfriend as well as two other girls from our school and 2) You can start drinking and smoking?”

“I can’t just hook up with my brother’s girlfriend! That’s breaking so many rules of guy code. Plus, we’re only sixteen, where are we going to be able to find drugs to smoke and alcohol to drink?”

“We’ll cross that bridge when it comes, but come on, let’s start the first lesson. Liam, go and sit down on the bed, and Will, come here over with me,” Scott instructed, as he got up from his seat. Following his rules, Will and I went to our designated places. “Okay, the number one rule when it comes to flirting, is eye-contact. You always have to give the person that you’re trying to seek out, eye contact. Girls love that shit,”

“So no cheesy pick-up lines?” I questioned, rubbing my palms together with a sly smile on my face. “Cuz’ I have a few good ones up my sleeves,”

“No wonder you’ve never had your first kiss, you’re a total dork,” Scott teased, as he and Will shake their heads disapprovingly. “The next thing you have to make sure you’re doing, is smile. Never forget to smile when you’re flirting, you don’t want to drive your subject away,”

“Another important thing you have to do is: be casual,” Will added, as she walked over and sat next to me, placing her hand onto mine. “Introduce yourself, initiate the conversation and slowly, start to touch the girl. But don’t be a creep about,”

“So,” I whispered, leaning in and slowly running my hand up and down Will’s arm, smirking, “Is this seductive enough? Or should I make my voice sound deeper?”

“U-Uh,” Will stuttered, as a blush began to form under her cheeks. Smiling, I leaned back and crossed my arms against my chest. Maybe this flirting thing, wouldn’t be that hard after all. “It’s okay, but you definitely need a little more work.”

“Well, that was weird…”Scott trailed off, after a few minutes of silence. “This new found seductiveness is making me very attracted to you, wanna make out a little?” Scott joked, quoting one of our favorite shows. “You must really want to be a Bad Boy,”

“I do. I’m tired of everyone treating me like I’m a loser. Perhaps, once I become a bad boy, I’ll get some respect.”

Nodding their heads, Scott and Will looked at each other, as if they both mutually understood where I was coming from. They didn’t have to worry about people picking on them or making fun of them. Scott has been popular all throughout our friendship. He was always the cool jock, who was on good terms with everyone and had an older sister who was the gem in everyone’s eyes. And Will, well she has been a total bad ass since middle school. People respected her because they were either afraid of her or afraid of one of her older five brothers. I was just lucky to be their friend.

About twenty minutes later, as Will and Scott continued to coach me on flirting, my phone started buzzing in my pocket. Pulling out my phone and turning on the screen, I smiled as I read a text from Aviary, Hey, Batman, it said as I swiped to the right of the screen, so I can respond. We had exchanged numbers after class that day, so we can plan out the days we could work on our project.

Hey, Catwoman :), I replied, and about two minutes later I received a reply.

Aviary: Wyd? she questioned.

Just hanging wit some friends, wbu?

Aviary: Talking to you, dork :) Wanna hear an interestin fact?

Sure, I smirked as I replied. From the corner of my eye, I saw Will and Scott looking at me incredulously.

“Who are you texting?” Will questioned, as she crept closer to me.

“A girl,” I replied, unable to keep a smile off of my face.

“What’s her name?” Scott asked, as he came closer to me, just like Will. “Is she pretty?”

“Why should you care?” Will questioned, punching Scott in the arm, “The only pretty girl you should be worrying about is me,”

“I know, I know. I just want to make sure my best friend is dating a really good looking girl, so he can get over my sister,”

“First of all,” I began, looking at my both of my friends, “Her name is Aviary, we’re not dating and yes, I must admit, she’s really pretty. But we’re just friends, we’re working on an English project together,”

“Ha,” Will laughed, “Not for long,” Finally, after a few minutes of my friends and I exchanging looks, my phone buzzed in my hand once again. Did you know that ‘argent’ is French for silver? said the text from the aforementioned girl.

I am aware xD, I replied,  Is silver one of your new favorite colors?

Aviary: Now it is ;)

Tee hee, another update! I think I'm going to update twice a week, perhaps on Wednesdays and Thursdays (I know today's Tuesday xD), Also, if you guys don't mind, can you share some questions that I could use for the 'Get To Know You' project, thx. :) Vote and Comment, because all is highly appreciated. Also, I'm going to be posting the playlist for this book, in the beginning of the book, where the extended summary is, so be sure to check it out! Unedited, so beware of mistakes.