Chapter Fourteen: Bad Boy Endings

14 | Bad Boy Endings

Book Jacket On The side made by @Qu33n_of_Fre4ks

    The dinner with my mom, Aviary, Charlie and Shane went really well. My mom is still talking about it even though the dinner was a week ago. Nothing excited happened at the dinner, besides the fact that mom couldn’t stop gushing over me and Aviary. My brother kept smirking to himself throughout the entire meal because I know he knows that we were just faking it. And Charlie, well all she talked about was Ocean and the little dates that they go on. It’s funny that a five years old’s love life is more interesting than my non-existent one.

         After Aviary and I almost kissed that evening, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I was so close to finally kissing her but when she pulled back, a part of me didn’t reach forward and kiss her. Because although I want to, I also really want to know the secret behind those blue colored pills that I found in her room two weeks ago. I understand that everyone is entitled to their own secrets and that I should keep my nose out of it, but I’ve been worried about Aviary lately.

       I haven’t been seeing her at school as much and when I do, she always has this depressed and saddening look to her. I’ve considered walking up to her and discussing this, but it’s not really my place to do so. Because I know when she’s ready, she’ll tell me.

     Another thing that has been bothering me are my feuding best friends. Will and Scott still aren’t speaking to each other, so I took it upon myself to have one of our traditional best friend meetings. Ever since middle school, if one of us were upset with each other or one of us was facing a problem, we will all meet up at someone’s house (Scott’s specifically) and talk it out until the problem was solved.

     As I walked the block to Scott’s house, I texted Will and told her to meet me there. Of course, she whined and complained and said that she didn’t want to see Scott but being the person I am, I brought up a past blackmail I had against her causing her to quickly change her mind and meet me there. As I reached Scott’s door, I looked under the mat and picked up the key he always kept there for either me or Will. Unlocking the door, I closed it behind me as I entered his house. It felt like I was the only one there and as I looked throughout the house that theory was starting to become true.

       “Who’s there?” I heard a voice croaked, as I walked past Scott’s room. He wasn’t inside, so I know it wasn’t him. Slowly walked back to see who it was, I looked directly into the eyes of a crying Bradley. “Liam?”, she croaked as I nodded my head ‘yes’.

         “Heyyyy Bradley,” I replied, awkwardly laughing a bit, “How ya doin?”

         “You do know that I know whenever you’re doing something sneaky, you speak in broken English and drag out your words?” She smiled, as she used some tissue near her to dab at her eyes. “What are you doing here?”

          “Um, I’m looking for Scott. Do you know where he is?” I asked, as I rubbed the back of my neck. I haven’t really spoken to Bradley after the party and even though I she was more drunk than I was, I don’t think she remembers throwing herself all over me causing me to fight her boyfriend.

       “He went to an early practice, why didn’t you tell him that you were coming?”