Chapter Nine: Bad Boy Parties

9 | Bad Boy Parties

Banner on the side made by endoverend

     After prepping and preparing all last night, it was finally time to go to Jake Manning’s house party. I was nervous and excited at the same time being that this was my first actual high school party. Jake was well known for his parties. Usually the guests will arrive at around nine P.M and leave exactly twenty four hours later because everyone would be too drunk and lazy to get up and go home. Since Jake was not only one of Bradley’s ex-boyfriends, he was also her closest guy friend, so I was sure that she would be there. Which in fact made me even more excited because she’ll finally get to see this new ‘Bad Boy’ side of me.

         “Are you ready, Liam?” bellowed my older brother Shane from downstairs. He was home from college for a few days, but refused to tell my parents and I why. “Your friends are down here freezing their asses off on the front porch!”

          “Then let them in, dumbass,” I replied back, as I continued to run some gel through my short brown hair. I usually didn’t care much about my hair when I went out somewhere, but since this was my first time revealing my new Bad Boy side, I wanted to look my best.

           “No, just get your ass down here!” he cynically laughed, as I heard him walk off to go somewhere else. My brother was a big guy, standing at about six foot-five, so when he walked around the house everyone definitely heard him. Throwing on the final item to go with my outfit, before I left my room, I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a small object that was wrapped in a black package that had “NYC” written all over it. Staring at the condom, I couldn’t help but smile as I shoved it into my jacket’s pocket. The chances of me actually having sex tonight was slim, but at least I was prepared.

          As I left my room and walked down stairs, I spotted my friends as well as Shane and Mom. Their facial expressions instantly changed as soon as they saw me. “Ready to go?” I questioned Will and Scott with a huge smile on my face.

       “Liam,” began my mom, as she wobbled over to me with a hand supporting her back, “You look so...different.” Looking down at my outfit, I slightly shook my head. I was wearing a plain white v-neck tee shirt with a small chest pocket, a long, black cross chain, a dark colored ripped pair of jeans, black high tops and the infamous leather jacket that Will and Scott bought me.

      “Wow,” whispered Will as she spun me around to get a full view of my new outfit, “You clean up nice, Liam.”

       “I think we all should start heading to the party now,” Scott finally said, after watching Will run her hands all over me. “We don’t wanna be late,”

        “It’s a house party, dude,” I pointed out, pounding him in the arm in a friendly way, “Who cares if we’re late?”

          “I care,” Scott spats, “Let’s get going now. Nice seeing you again Shane and Ms. Argent, we’ll have him back in one piece,”

           Looking at Scott incredulously, Will and I looked at each other confused about Scott’s new attitude. Lately, whenever he would see Will and I together, he would get angry. We usually shrugged it off because Will and I both know that we’re not attracted to each other, but lately Scott seems to think otherwise. “Okay, Bye Mom and Shane,” We all waved to each other as we left my house. I was definitely ready for whatever was in store for me tonight.

• • •

        As soon as my friends and I arrived on the block of the party, we could instantly feel and hear the music thumping. The blaring of the mainstream pop music vibrated the car’s windows as we pulled up a few houses down and parked. Looking through the rear view mirror, I spotted a few teenagers running up and down the street, screaming their heads off. Some of them were naked-presumably streaking-and the others were drunk and clothed.