Epilogue: Bad Boy Babies

Epilogue | Bad Boy Babies banner on the side made by @pxneyhoe

  Her cries bellowed all throughout the large room at an octave I never knew she could reach. They were stretched out between her moaning and groaning, in agony not pleasure, as ripples of striking pain went throughout her body. And it all started at noon today, on February 14th.

    "Liam!" Aviary giggled in ear as I left small kisses between the crooks of her neck. We were in her room, with the door closed doing what lovey-dovey teenagers did best when they were alone; we were making out. I ignored her squeal and continued to leave kisses on her neck, feeling her become weak under my touch.

    “Shh..” I cooed the giggly girl, as I slowly laid her down on her bed and turned her face towards me. Cupping her cheeks, I continued kissing my girlfriend. And it sure as hell felt great to call her my girlfriend and to kiss her on her pale yet rosey lips. We were tossing and turning and kissing for what felt like hours and I couldn’t be any happier. Two months ago, I probably wouldn’t have had the courage to even talk to her, let alone ask her out. I’d probably would of still been drooling over Bradley. Who, in my defense , would have fallen for me sooner or later---I mean come on, it happens in almost all teen fiction books and stories.

    A vibration was heard and felt in my pocket. I figured it was something else, and continued to kiss Aviary. Her hands began rubbing up and down my chest, sending sparks throughout my body. Our kisses were now becoming more and more passionate by the minute. As soon as I turned around for the umpteenth time, to allow Aviary to sit and hover over me, my phone fell out out of my jeans pocket and what I saw would terrify any teenager.

  10 Missed Calls From Mom

   Quickly reaching for my phone, I hopped off the bed and dialed my mom’s number

   “What’s wrong, Argent?” Aviary laughed from behind me, “Was it getting too hot in here for you?”

    “Nope.” I whispered, as I continued to hear the dialing on my phone, “I have ten missed calls from my mom!”

    “Oh my,” she smiled.

     “Oh my indeed-” I replied, being cut off by the frantic breaths over the phone. “Mom, are you okay?!”

     “I will be. Once your freaking brother arrives at the hospital!” She yelled over the phone and it didn’t take an idiot to realize that my mother was most likely going into labor.

   “The baby is coming?!” I cried in response, quickly catching Aviary’s attention. She jumped up from her bed and starting jumping up and down in excitement. Aviary really loved babies. “Aviary and I are going to meet you at the hospital as soon as possible, okay mom?! Hang in there,”

   “I’ll be fine, Liam.” She laughed over the phone, “This is my fourth child. I’ll be fine. So you soon, okay honey?”

    “You’re about to become a big brother!” Aviary squealed from beside me once again. I smiled at the giddy girl, as she grasped onto my hand. And next thing you know, we were already heading out the door and on our way to meet my new baby brother or sister.

      Arriving at the hospital, I was filled with so much excitement and sadness. I was excited that there was about to become a new addition to the Argent household; a new sibling who was inevitably going to look up to me and sad because my Dad wasn’t here to be able to see the birth of his child. Being a part of the army meant that not only was he was going to be serving our country, he was also going to have to miss out on important events in his family’s life.

    Entering the double doors, with Aviary holding my hand, I was surprised to see two special people waiting in the lobby. Sitting about two seats away from each other, with their phones in their hand, sat Will and Scott. Smiling, I walked over to them and punched them both in their shoulders.

     “What the hell?!” they both screamed, catching the attention of many others in the hospital lobby.

     “I could say the same to both of you. Why the hell didn’t you tell me that you guys got back together?” I questioned, as they both rolled their eyes at me.

    “First of all, don’t ever make the mistake of punching me. Remember what happened in fourth grade.” Will spat out, kicking me in my leg.

     “Oh shut up,” I mumbled and flinched in pain, as Aviary said her hellos to the pair and hid her laughter by covering her mouth.

    “And second of all, we didn’t get back together. We just talked things out,” Scott calmly replied.

     “And I may or may not have a thought provoking conversation with Bradley, without managing to kill her.” Will mumbled, causing all of us to laugh. And just like that, everything felt normal again.

---

    As the hours went by, all four of us were becoming restless from waiting. Shane came by from time to time to give us updates about the delivery. As I sat in a very uncomfortable tan chair, my mind began to drift remembering the day that Charlie was born.

      I was thirteen years old at the time. I remember my parents rushing to the hospital, with my Dad struggling to carry my mom’s overnight bag because knowing her, she packed a lot of unnecessary items. Shane, who had just turned sixteen and had already been prepared for that day, being that he went through the same thing when I was born, was all calm and nonchalant.

     “Aren’t you excited?” I had asked that day, I was jumping up and down, high on a sugary donut I had ate earlier on. “We’re about to have a baby sister!”

    “Not really,” He said, as he continued to play with his video game, something Super Mario related. “I bet it’s going to be boy again. Last time Mom and Dad thought you were going to be a girl and turns out, you’re not. Well..”

    And he was right. About eighty percent of my cousins were boys, while the other twenty were a mixture of girly girls and tomboys. “Shut up, I don’t even act like a girl.” I retorted, punching him in the shoulder.

     “You punch like a girl.” He laughed, as his fingers moved faster on his game console’s remote. The sound of a laughing Mario and dinging of coins echo the newly emptied living room.

     “You think the baby will like us?” I asked, and before I could even remember what Shane had replied, I felt repeated slapping on my face.

     “Liam, wake up!” The female voice squealed, “The baby is here!” Rubbing my eyes, I slowly opened them to see an overly excited Charlie.

      “What?” I questioned, slightly confused about my whereabouts. I knew that I was in the hospital with my friends but it was really weird that all of sudden the person I was dreaming about was in front of me. “Are you serious? Where’s everyone else?”

    “Yes. Yes. It’s a girl!” Aviary suddenly appeared, lifting up my sister, sitting her on top of her hip and sticking out a hand towards me, in which I took and stood up from my seat. “And guess what her name is?”

      “What?"

       “Her name is Amber.” She smiled, causing me to smile as well. And as I held her hand and headed towards the maternity ward to check on my Mom and the baby, I couldn’t feel any happier.

   I'm sorry this epilogue was crap. Ugh. I just lost my groove for writing chapters/stuff for this book. Vote and Comment?