Chapter five

The sound of sirens that police cars released slowly increased. Glydelle's heart filled with hope and ease, thanking the agents silently in her heart for their great timing. She looked at the three person on the couch and their nearby guards. They were stunned in the situation.

"Put your guns down." Agent Jei said staring at Evans.

The calm demeanor Martha was portraying earlier was washed off and turned into a perturbed bearing in the situation. Ella was also flustered as she nervy held her mother's arm eyeing the man on the doorway in fear.

Evans was troubled and nervously nod at the three guards, silently telling them to put down their guns. The men obliged.

"All your weapons." Jei stated not trusting them. They did as what they have told. They dropped their pistols, stun guns, grenades, and knives.

They waited until the cops arrived. They arrested them as they slowly leave the room.

Martha and Ella eyed Glydelle with their most hate as if saying their fight is not yet over. Still, they're troubled to face their current problem. Glydelle even heard Ella asking her mom.

"Are we gonna go to jail mom?! I just turned 18! This can't be!"

"Shut up Ella!" Her mother irritatedly respond still problematic.

Glydelle heard faint sobs from Cicelle. She looked at her but her gaze was in her mother and sister in handcuffs escorted by a police officer. Glydelle hugged her, hoping to ease her pain.

"She's not one of them." Glydelle said to agent Jei as he approach them looking at Cicelle. He just nodded. Glydelle moved away from Cicelle giving her a time for herself.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

Glydelle nodded and smiled.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." He replied lifting a muscle on his lips. In that second, Glydelle appreciates the man's beautiful concern eyes and loop sided hot smile.

Agent Jei informed Glydelle that the NBI was now investigating her mother, sister and Evans. They reported a kidnapping to the police as they couldn't infiltrate on their own without letting the police know. It's beyond their power 'cause it's police work. They also include to investigate the deaths of every Vavueshka and seeking evidence of murder. They said the NBI will just inform her on the case.

Cicelle lived with her in their house. She was still shock upon the arrest of her mother and sister. Glydelle kept on cheering her up for the past two days. She also let Cicelle have a visit at the jail if she would but Cicelle decline. She said she need some time first. She didn't know how to approach her mother or what to say to her. But she said, she felt bad for them. Glydelle just let Cicelle on her thought.

Glydelle took the thin long and white dress and tried it on the mirror. She turned around on the mirror and tied the dress' lace on her neck as she watch her backless dress showed her white skin. She touch the pale pink cherry blossoms embroided on the fabric. The bodice was fit to her, hugging her perfect curve of waist while the long skirt was flowing freely below to her feet's ankle.

This will do.

She thought. She fished her laced sandals to finalize her outfit for the beach wedding party.

A loud beep of a car was heard in front of her house. The house where Martha and her father got after their wedding. The house where they currently reside. At the absence of Martha and Ella, the house was now quite and peaceful.

She peek on her window and saw a red Ford Ranger car parked in front. Her date arrived.

She is now going to take the first action of their mission. Their assignment is to know if the target is really the source of the drugs in the country. The target is a very influential successful bachelor. A CEO of 5 leading architectural companies in the country. He is graduated of architecture and engineering with flying colors in a very well known high end private school.

He started to create a company 5 years ago and had his first company very successful. Hearing the good works of a son, his father gave him 4 of the companies he is holding. He is a very busy man therefore, he has no time for the word love or marriage even though there are a lot of wealthy families trying to push their daughters towards the man. He is not just successful, he is also a very handsome man with the blood of a Filipino and Spanish.

How can she enter the man's world to investigate if he really is a drug lord? He will get the man's attention through her face and beauty. The man isn't a fuck boy type but, Glydelle looks a lot like his beloved sister. His sister died 3 years ago before his company became successful. His sister is one of his inspiration in his life. But his sister died in a car accident that made him so lost. He continued to strive hard in his works for his sister.

In the beach wedding party, the target will be there and this will be their first meeting--- scratch that, this will be their second and hopefully a good meeting.

"You're so slow. Have you eaten a snail?" The guy in a white beach polo shirt asked irritatedly as he leaned on his red car. His hair was properly combed with gel highlighting his handsome face.

Glydelle stopped walking and stared at the man.

"You're quite handsome. I just noticed." She said. The man's eyebrow crossed. He looked away.

"Tsss. Nonsense. Get inside." He said as he went inside the car.

"You're turning reeeed!" the lady laughed before getting inside.

The two of them will do the mission. Agent Jei will help her be close to the man. The bespectacled guy on the meeting and agent Viel will back them up and will be the one to monitor them through hidden cams and mics and always be around them unnoticed.

As they travel their way on the road. The man checked everything.

"Agent triple seven, can you hear me?" A deep voice said. She almost forgot the skin toned earpiece she's wearing.

"Yes my dear agent Jei." She said and winked at the man driving the car but the man just stared at her with no reaction.

"Stop calling me that and put on your seatbelt." He said as he pulled the steering wheel to the left.

"Call you what?" The girl said acting blindly while putting the belt on.

"My dear" He replied.

"Yes my dear?" The lady sweetly answered.

Agent Jei realized that he'd been tricked. He then stopped the car. He turned to the girl and

"Don't kid with me woman. I can kill you in just a snap." He seriously said.

Glydelle felt her heart beats fast.

Oh no.

"Chill, I'm just kidding." She said nervously.

She pouted. Hurt after being threatened.